Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Just curious what most people are doing with their Q60's? Handing your leases in? buying them? maybe had your car for 3 years and trading it in? If your getting rid of your q60 what are you looking at next? Lexus, Audi, BMW, Mercedes? Let me know! Tks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello!

I have a '17 Q60RS leased. I was very close to pulling the trigger on a '20 Genesis G70 3.3t Sport in Norcal. Unfortunately Genesis is not discounting much. I was also looking at Lexus, BMW and the '19 Q50/60 RS. I tried scooping up a '19 Q60RS but in the end dealers would not discount around 20% (including incentives) with base rates.

My wife was going to be in SoCal so I decided to hit up a few dealers down there and surprisingly a dealer offered me a '20 Q50RS for 20% off (including incentives) with base rates. I flew down and took delivery a week ago. I'll turn in the '17 Q60RS in a few months within the 120 day grounding window you need to waive dispo fee and get $500 over mileage/damage waived.

Infiniti needs to step it up with tech; Cooled Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, Power Trunk, Digital Dash, and HUD to name a few. They are needed to compete with competition. The new '20 Infiniti Infotainment is nice. Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm thinking about keeping mine (Q60 Silver Sport), but the new Infotainment System being offered with the '20s is tempting - the current one we have is underwhelming at best. Add in the fact that I still have 10 months left on my lease, I won't be able to do anything until the '21s come out. I have VPP, but I don't think I'm getting 20% off with the program. Did you just go to the dealers and say, "Whatever the sticker says, I want 20% off of that" and see who bites?

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
My Q60 has 62k miles, and I'm keeping it until 120k because I bought a warranty. Thinking about an Acura Type S after that, or whatever it will eventually be called: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/acura-type-s-concept-tsx-monterey-car-week/
I hadn't heard of the Type S or that it previewed the next TLX. I really like how it looks.

For my part, I plan on keeping my Q60 for a little while since I have the warranty but it's been tempting to me to get rid of it to go down to a single car/truck that meets all my needs (fast, baby friendly, agile while having some storage ability, etc) - problem is I keep wondering if electric would be the best fit for me (given my daily commute) but I know I would really miss having an ICE and the noises they make.

·
Registered
250 Posts
problem is I keep wondering if electric would be the best fit for me (given my daily commute) but I know I would really miss having an ICE and the noises they make.
I have similar thoughts/concerns, especially regarding the noise. But brakes and tires being the only regular maintenance items on a car makes electric appealing, along with the obvious no-gas situation. We'll have a lot more performance electric options soon from the major players. I won't buy from Tesla just because it seems like an unstable company, and I don't want to be stuck with an expensive brick with inadequate service/support.

That Acura Type S is a 4-door, which I'm also unsure about. But if they keep the door handles hidden like the concept, it almost looks like a coupe. I really like its forged carbon fiber trim and lack of chrome. Hopefully the interior will look good. There really aren't any coupes I like right now south of $100k.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have similar thoughts/concerns, especially regarding the noise. But brakes and tires being the only regular maintenance items on a car makes electric appealing, along with the obvious no-gas situation. We'll have a lot more performance electric options soon from the major players. I won't buy from Tesla just because it seems like an unstable company, and I don't want to be stuck with an expensive brick with inadequate service/support.

That Acura Type S is a 4-door, which I'm also unsure about. But if they keep the door handles hidden like the concept, it almost looks like a coupe. I really like its forged carbon fiber trim and lack of chrome. Hopefully the interior will look good. There really aren't any coupes I like right now south of $100k.
Wow, I didn't even notice that was a 4-door, as the door handles were so well hidden. But if everything else were good (tech, HP, performance), I'd have to put it on the short list - coupe or not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll be getting a Tesla Model 3 next year. I think ICE cars are pretty much going to tank in resale and popularity the next few years.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm keeping mine. I started the finance paperwork with 4 months left in the lease, but the dealer wanted to roll the final payments into the total price of the car, so I'm just going to wait out the full lease term.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
my lease is up in June 2020. I like the car quite a bit, but I will probably switch. I was hoping that they'd update, say, the tranny and make other performance improvements, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards. I'm trying to figure out how to swing an amg gt....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Curious to see what people are doing. I moved on myself from the Q60 and now drive a Tesla, which has been quite a change (in a good way).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts