Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Coming home last week I was letting the wife drive and all of a sudden " tink". Was not even a very loud sound. Look over and a 6 inch crack from the driver's pillar straight in front of the driver across the windshield. We were about 20 miles from home and by the time we got home it was at least a foot long crack. Called my insurance and it was scheduled to be replaced on Friday. The glass installer called me Thursday night saying it did not come in and since it had to be ordered from the Infiniti dealer and would not be in till next Wednesday. Since the Q60 is so new, only OEM glass is available, which is a good thing.

I backed it out of the garage into the driveway yesterday to clean my garage and it cracked another 6 to 10 inches so it is now half way across the windshield. Only 1700 miles and a new windshield, this sucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
That sucks! I have a small chip in my windshield right in my line of sight while driving. Let us know how much a new windshield sets you back. Guessing these aren't cheap and probably not a lot of aftermarket available yet.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told no aftermarket windshields yet.... I think I was quoted $950 for the windshield plus install. I have $500 deductible so I am out the $500. It is the Tech windshield which I believe is more expensive. I will let you know how the install goes, hopefully this next week.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was told no aftermarket windshields yet.... I think I was quoted $950 for the windshield plus install. I have $500 deductible so I am out the $500. It is the Tech windshield which I believe is more expensive. I will let you know how the install goes, hopefully this next week.
You should try gieco/progressive they only charge 50 dollars for glass claims.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got about 10 on mine with 1200 miles as well. It's GOING to happen here in AZ. :( UGHHHHHH!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got about 10 on mine with 1200 miles as well. It's GOING to happen here in AZ. :( UGHHHHHH!
Funny you said that, last two windshields I had to have replaced on my FX45 were broken right outside Wickenburg, AZ about a year apart. 3 windshields in about 4 years.

Still waiting on my Q60 windshield :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Moral of story....don't let the wife drive!! :)

Reactions: Q60bob

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's terribly sad to see happen so soon, especially seeing as a good amount of change has to come out of your pocket.

I guess it is a good thing that it's an oem windshield over an aftermarket one though as I heard that aftermarket windshields could be susceptible to chipping and cracking more than the oem ones.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, after three weeks Satellite showed up this morning with a new windshield. All went smoothly and the Tech that did the install was very professional and did a first class job. Looks factory and very happy with the install, didn't like waiting 3 weeks but now at least it's done. It was an OEM windshield and the MSRP was around $950.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts