Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I'm cruising in my Red Sport... And I let my foot off the gas... I can't quite tell if the car is auto-shifting into neutral to improve efficiency.

I'm driving in Standard mode... Unlike my 428i, I get the impression from the oh-so-slight change in inertia, that my transmission might still be engaged. And that would surprise me greatly if Infiniti is not taking advantage of that clear fuel efficiency boosting technique. Granted in the Sport / Sport+ mode I'd understand it, but in Standard or Eco - I'd expect to leverage that feature.

Anyone know what's going on with the transmission in those situations? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
So when I'm cruising in my Red Sport... And I let my foot off the gas... I can't quite tell if the car is auto-shifting into neutral to improve efficiency.

I'm driving in Standard mode... Unlike my 428i, I get the impression from the oh-so-slight change in inertia, that my transmission might still be engaged. And that would surprise me greatly if Infiniti is not taking advantage of that clear fuel efficiency boosting technique. Granted in the Sport / Sport+ mode I'd understand it, but in Standard or Eco - I'd expect to leverage that feature.

Anyone know what's going on with the transmission in those situations? Thanks!
See what the tach is doing when you lift your foot. I use cruise control quite a bit and when I'm going down a slight grade the set speed flashes because the car is exceeding that limit. I'm pretty sure the roll resistance in the car is relatively low.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've tried using the paddle shifters to engine brake and it's been wholly ineffectual, not sure if that's a function of the turboed engine or what but downshifting 3 or 4 geers and reving to 6k RPM barely slows the car at all, so yeah rolling resistance seems very low.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I've tried using the paddle shifters to engine brake and it's been wholly ineffectual, not sure if that's a function of the turboed engine or what but downshifting 3 or 4 geers and reving to 6k RPM barely slows the car at all, so yeah rolling resistance seems very low.
1. When downshifting from highway speed I jump down two gears quickly.
2. The RS has rev matching when you downshift so it's not the sudden jerk you get in a lot cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Iridium 3.0T S is arriving in my driveway this Sat....should be fun...Is there a switch to turn on/off rev matching? Thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
My Iridium 3.0T S is arriving in my driveway this Sat....should be fun...Is there a switch to turn on/off rev matching? Thanks in advance...
Nope, but why would you want to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts