Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings owners! New Infiniti owner here from Vancouver, British Columbia. I've been an Acura owner for 12 years now until only a week ago. I just traded in my 2007 TL Type S in for a 2017 Q60RS. It's midnight black pearl with Monaco red interior.

I've actually never owned anything but an Acura so this was a big change for me and I'm happy to have made it. I'm in absolute lust over this RS. I've only seen 3 in Vancouver so I'm happy to have a car not many others here own right now. It's been a huge head turner. I've been lurking the forums here for a while (felt like I was cheating on my Acurazine.com community) lol.

No mods yet. I know what I want to do, but I just haven't figured out the order yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
You're not the only one that made the switch. I've owned Honda/Acuras my whole driving career (since 2002), and the Red Sport (I have a 2017 Q50 RS RWD) is what drew me in to Infiniti.

I, also, have a 2007 Acura TL (base) and was waiting for the 2018 TLX's MMC to see if there would be any powertrain upgrades... but was utterly disappointed! I was hoping Acura would step their game up for the TLX's MMC with the SH-SH-AWD system offered like the MDX... but nope... my money ultimately ended up going towards Infiniti. And I couldn't be happier with the purchase!

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum (and the dark side?? :D)

I don't know if you would agree, but it's felt to me over the last 5yrs or so that Acura has lost its way (which is a pity given how enthusiast centric they used to be at one time). I wish they went back to rear drive biased platforms and designs that stand out more. I know they're making the effort now and I hope it's not too late for them. I really really want them to come out with a baby NSX and not overprice it in the way they have with the current iteration of the NSX ($150k+ is just too high IMO even though the car stands out as a cheaper performance hybrid in its price bracket).

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Congratulations and welcome.... Obviously I love your color choices, I have one like it. I think if the Blue and Monaco red is the "Superman Edition" I think we should call the Midnight Black and Monaco Red one the "Deadpool Edition". LOL At least that is what my kids call it.
Anyway here is mine with the carbon fiber bits and all the windows at 30%. Also the black front grill has been added. I love it, and it has been a great car. Have fun, I know you are going to love it also.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
welcome! that gen TL type s you had was the best before they changed everything up. former honda guy myself. never looking back lol get that black paint ceramic coated! my last car was black and was a job itself to keep clean

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, the reason I made the switch was because I didn't feel that Acura was evolving into a more performance based car like the did with the 3G TL-S. When the new TLX's came out without a Type S edition, that sealed the fate. Not to mention the Q60 is an absolutely gorgeous car.

Blacking out the grille is definitely on my list, as is carbon fibre deck spoiler, wheels and somewhere down the line a good exhaust set up. I also want to get silver mirror caps like the Audi S models have. I think it's sharp.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome Cado!! Another Canadian on board! :D Welcome to Infiniti and enjoy your nice ride!

Hopefully you didn't wanted Electric Indigo blue with red leather cause I had the one from North Vancouver Infiniti transported to Quebec!! ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Congrats! I have the same color combo and love it. So far, I have 35% tint, HRE FF04 rims, Pirelli PZ4 tires, and Z1 Motorsports sprinkle slotted rotors installed.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts