Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the Seattle area!

As with most of you, I've waited a long time for the Q60 Red Sport. I did not anticipate an even longer wait for the color combination I wanted. Liquid platinum with the graphite leather and carbon fiber trim. I did have to except the fact that this one came with DAS however I just couldn't wait any longer and after a week of driving it I have started to get used to it.

I will be looking through the blogs to see who's used exterior carbon fiber wrap and if it was successful and which product most closely matches the OEM carbon fiber. I'm also looking forward to reading about your mods and get in the general education on how all of this technology works and how much of it is actually useful.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome and a good color combo. I didn't think I would like the silver CF trim on my RS and was wanting to wait for the black trim. But seeing it in person with the white interior it really does work well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I too would like to see what wrap you come across that closely resembles the OEM pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats!! Nice purchase! :) Drive safe and enjoy! Still waiting on mine, the color combo is the reason for the delay as well!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to the boards! What modifications other than the carbon wrap (if you like it) will you be doing?? Did you mod the G35 you had?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I too would like to see what wrap you come across that closely resembles the OEM pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks and I'll be sure to post the result of my search.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the boards! What modifications other than the carbon wrap (if you like it) will you be doing?? Did you mod the G35 you had?
I haven't decided on other mods yet. All I did with the G was install a K&N induction filter. A much better growl!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forums and congrats!! Nice purchase! :) Drive safe and enjoy! Still waiting on mine, the color combo is the reason for the delay as well!!
Trust me the wait is killer, but worth it!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I haven't decided on other mods yet. All I did with the G was install a K&N induction filter. A much better growl!
Oh okay okay. Those G35s sounded badass stock though, really loved it, the added K&N intakes made them sound really mean haha

·
Registered
37 Posts
Trust me the wait is killer, but worth it!
I'm sure it will be worth it but ****... that wait is long!! I've been eyeing the coupe since it came out (and even followed each spy shot or rumors during development) but ever since I pulled the trigger on it at the end of May, each passing weeks seems like an eternity!! hahaha (not true since my job keeps me plenty busy!!) Latest ETA on the transport is still 2 weeks away!

I remember reading some folks on this forum waited for 4 months for their order when the car came out, wow that is insane!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm sure it will be worth it but ****... that wait is long!! I've been eyeing the coupe since it came out (and even followed each spy shot or rumors during development) but ever since I pulled the trigger on it at the end of May, each passing weeks seems like an eternity!! hahaha (not true since my job keeps me plenty busy!!) Latest ETA on the transport is still 2 weeks away!

I remember reading some folks on this forum waited for 4 months for their order when the car came out, wow that is insane!!
Good time left for you to start looking at accessories and/or modifications. Already I think some aftermarket companies started working on Q60-specific parts. Who knows, you might be like some people that have parts for your ride before you even take delivery of it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good time left for you to start looking at accessories and/or modifications. Already I think some aftermarket companies started working on Q60-specific parts. Who knows, you might be like some people that have parts for your ride before you even take delivery of it!
Haha, don't worry IPL-Q-Sixty!! ;) I almost pulled the trigger on the Sport Exhaust with muffler yesterday but trying to make sure it's the best deal I can get with shipping to Canada!! Even shipping from the US there are chances it will arrive before the car does!! >:)

Also eyeing the OEM carbon fiber spoiler. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats! Same combo here!
I snapped up the only one in a 5 state radius. Seems like it would be a more popular combination ?!
This car is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hang in there your close!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats! Same combo here!
I snapped up the only one in a 5 state radius. Seems like it would be a more popular combination ?!
This car is a blast to drive.
It sure is! I just took my first road trip. Much quieter than the 04 G35! While I'm not a big fan of all the driver assistance functions it cool to show off how the car can drive itself. It will stay in lane... most of the time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts