Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that there doesn't seem to be any good place on the bumper to mount a front license plate? It's illegal to go without a front plate where I'm from and the only area that looks feasible without the need to drill additional holes seems to be right on top of the Infiniti badge in the grille. :crying:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Isn't there a white license plate on the Q60 in the forum header? I assume that's where you'll place it and how much of the lower grille it covers will depend on your license plate's shape and size.

Here's a few international examples.

The Q60 is probably designed with the longer and shorter license plate in mind but any plate will fit.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm sure someone will come out with a license plate relocation kit. Seems to be the norm now considering nobody wants to drill into their brand new front bumper.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may need to see if a license plate will fit to either side of the badge unless it covers up something important if I do. Wouldn't want to block the moving object detectors.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You may not be able to mount the license plate on the main grille at all. On either side of the emblem are little circles that could be the sensors. The license plate will need to be installed under the emblem.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those hidden license plates? If you want to install it in the lower grille, you'll need to cut into the actual mesh grille itself.
I think I'll just stick with bolting it to the front right under the main grille like this one here.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nobody like drilling into the bumper. Maybe Stillen will come out with a no drill license plate re-locator for the Q60. They already have one for the Q50 so there's a chance that they'll make one for the Q60 too. This will require the use of the factory tow hook. Does the Q60 come with them?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nobody like drilling into the bumper. Maybe Stillen will come out with a no drill license plate re-locator for the Q60. They already have one for the Q50 so there's a chance that they'll make one for the Q60 too. This will require the use of the factory tow hook. Does the Q60 come with them?
We were actually discussing that in another thread, can't recall which right now. But it seems like in the grill to the passenger side there was a removable part with what looked to be a tow hook area in there. But we were going back and forth thinking if it was some sort of sensor or a tow hook

·
Registered
500 Posts
You guys can even consider fabbing up your own setup can't be that hard to find parts form the hardware store that will work, someone creative and handy enough can make it happen

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bumping this back to the top, since we clearly have more owners now, with the car in their possession. Anyone have photos of what their front plate bracket looks like?

well in some pics I've seen the tow hook to be inside the grill lower left side.. putting a plate there would look so stupid
I really don't think so. I've been to the dealership a few times in the past week, and all of the coupe on the lot have the rear tow hook.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Q does have a front tow hook mount. It is inside the grill as stated above. I remember seeing one at the dealer with the cover taken off.

I will see how the tow hook plate looks but i have a feeling it will not look good. I will probably not bother with a front plate if it doesn't

·
Registered
500 Posts
I use to hate front plates but as long as it can be mounted to the tow hook then i'll be okay with it. Living in the city having the front plate extended out a bit will help prevent someone backing into me to the point the bumper is damaged, hitting the plate/tow hook should give them enough warning.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Q does have a front tow hook mount. It is inside the grill as stated above. I remember seeing one at the dealer with the cover taken off.

I will see how the tow hook plate looks but i have a feeling it will not look good. I will probably not bother with a front plate if it doesn't
So, after closer inspection, this seems to be correct. On the passengers side, lower section of the top main grill, there is clearly a section of the mesh that can be removed. I'll assume this is where the tow hook you're speaking of is. I didn't bother to pull it out, as it's extremely cold here today and I'm not looks to break anything, and secondly the location isn't any better for the plate with regards to not covering any of the mesh or grill surround.

Follow up question would be, what is that little pull out square on the rear bumper if it's not the tow hook? It's the proper size, but I defiantly thought it was weird being on the rear of the car.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rear tow hooks in case they need to pull you from the back? I have no idea what those are.

There's just no way to make a front license plate look nice... Wish we weren't legally obligated to show one on the front too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
So this is what i decided to go with. Skene Design bracket. I'm using it a little differently than the way it was intended, but it works for me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts