Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was brought up in a past thread months ago, but now that some people actually have the car, I figured it was time to bring it back up. I'm wondering what you guys are doing? I've never been a big fan of off-center plates, but really don't want to cover up any of the grill or surround trim. I'm thinking I'll try the 2 options of something in the center of the lower mesh grill, and getting a tow hook bracket. Then I'll just see which I like best.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The tow hook bracket is probably your best bet. Nobody wants to drill into their bumper but I think you may have to deal with the off-center look unfortunately. Is there anywhere to zip tie it maybe ?

Before with my new cars I used to keep the plate inside on the dash but after a few too many warnings I had to zip tie it

·
Registered
591 Posts
Not much you can do besides the options you've listed. car designs these days don't really take into account license plate placements, just how good it'll look without one. Maybe one of these? You can at least hide it when you don't want to see it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would recommend the tow hook plate bracket as well. I have one laying around from my old Nismo Z and I plan on trying that on my RS when it gets delivered.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'll be checking out the tow hook option too even if I have to wait for one to be made specifically for the car. In the meantime, I've already talked to the dealer to not drill any holes when mine arrives.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'll be checking out the tow hook option too even if I have to wait for one to be made specifically for the car. In the meantime, I've already talked to the dealer to not drill any holes when mine arrives.
Thanks for the heads up. I need to tell mine the same thing

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, here's the funny thing: there's no front tow hook. It's in the back. My car was delivered this weekend, so I went to the dealership to sign my paperwork and take a look (they're changing out the run flats tmrw, and I fly out of town for work. Won't be able to pick it up until Friday when I get back. It's killing me, lol).
Also, there's nowhere to drill and keep the plate centered. The lip between the 2 mesh grills is way too thin, same with the lower lip. And the lower mesh area isn't nearly tall enough to fit a plate and tie-wrap it. You could do it, but the plate will be below the lower lip towards the ground.
The one you see in dealership pictures in the middle of the grill seems to be a specially made bracket, that curves nicely to fit the lower chrome surround.
Looks like the options are a bottom mount hideaway, like mentioned above, or something below one of the headlights, but that requires some drilling. Shitty.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well, here's the funny thing: there's no front tow hook. It's in the back. My car was delivered this weekend, so I went to the dealership to sign my paperwork and take a look (they're changing out the run flats tmrw, and I fly out of town for work. Won't be able to pick it up until Friday when I get back. It's killing me, lol).
Also, there's nowhere to drill and keep the plate centered. The lip between the 2 mesh grills is way too thin, same with the lower lip. And the lower mesh area isn't nearly tall enough to fit a plate and tie-wrap it. You could do it, but the plate will be below the lower lip towards the ground.
The one you see in dealership pictures in the middle of the grill seems to be a specially made bracket, that curves nicely to fit the lower chrome surround.
Looks like the options are a bottom mount hideaway, like mentioned above, or something below one of the headlights, but that requires some drilling. Shitty.
Crap.

Going to be the longest week ever for you. :) Congrats!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
The front license plate bracket Infiniti installs doesn't really cover the grille at all and is more of a clip on bracket that hangs from the bottom lip of the grille. I get that front license plates suck for those of us that have to have them, but to me putting it off center just seems asymmetric. I'll take some pictures so yall can have a reference.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The front license plate bracket Infiniti installs doesn't really cover the grille at all and is more of a clip on bracket that hangs from the bottom lip of the grille. I get that front license plates suck for those of us that have to have them, but to me putting it off center just seems asymmetric. I'll take some pictures so yall can have a reference.
I understand what you're saying for sure and agree that the way Infiniti has theirs set up, looks best. If it were actually clip on, I'd have them install it, but I asked if they need to drill holes in the front of the car and they told me yes, so as of now I'm still going to have them not install it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pictures of exactly what you're talking about would be great. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
How does one go about having this type of set up???

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts