Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Front lip in development

12K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Sonnik 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Looks like they're mocking up the lip and then spraying it black. Plastic to keep crap off customer's car.

#8 · (Edited)
Better pictures so you don't have to go to an external link.

It's nice, but.....for $975? No thanks. I'll wait for a full body kit in order to make it look different.

#12 ·
Am I the only one that thinks this looks absolutely....horrendous???

It sticks out too much, it's too thick and it doesn't compliment the lines of the front at all...this looks like someone got bored with a giant piece of carbon fiber and decided to pin it on a $60k car, just so they could say they had a CF front lip...

Do a quick Google image search and look at how refined and complimentary a CF front lip on some of the BMW M cars are, for example:

Compared to:

I think it's a good 'first run' lip by EMM Tuning, but this thing is not ready for primetime, especially not at ~$1k...what are they thinking??? CF lips are not supposed to be cheap in price, but they also aren't supposed to look really tacky and uninspired, either...yikes.

#10 ·
Looks great! I wanted the contrast so didn't even think to wait and the first thing I did was get that lip wrapped with black gloss and it cost me $100.00

#16 ·

Attachments

#17 ·
Maybe it's just me and my own tastes, but I don't agree with subtlety, especially when companies are charging what they're charging for these things. If I'm going to pay a ton of money for a lip or a bumper I want it to drastically improve the appearance, not just make something tilt their head and say "something might be different there." I'm in agreement that the grille is too big on the Q, but I've already put money into getting the black sports grille so I probably won't change it even if a newer bumper becomes available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.