Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any solutions to mounting the front plate via the front tow hook? Any other suggestions? Unfortunately I live in Chicago and for how many front plate parking tickets I've gotten I could've bought each one who replies to this their own mount... fml

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not exactly the answer you are looking for. But, I personally only hang the front license plate with the clips, not the 2 additional screws.

It allows me to easily clip it on and off for meets or photos.

The license plate doesn't seem to shake much or scratch anything while driving without the 2 additional screws. But I will put them back on whenever I do long road trips or just take it off completely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Live in chicago myself, after thinking on it just decided to mount the plate as designed. Not worth the hassle to modify or eliminate plate.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have seen some supercars with a stick on license plate. If these are good enough for Lamborghini and Ferrari owners, then it has to be for us.

Haha! my friend actually has this on his Z. He hasn't been pulled over for it. ever.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I believe a section of the grille covers the tow hook. Here's an option at least two members (including me) used.

I made the Large Skene & Calvert Front License Plate Mount work. The mounting screws that come with the bracket are only 1/2 inch long. If you mount the bracket to the bottom of the nose the screws are only going to be grabbing soft plastic. So, after I realized this I pushed the shaft end of the drill bit that comes with the bracket kit through the holes I drilled. Between about 3/4 and 1 inch into the hole I hear the bit tapping metal. So I put the bit back into the drill and drilled through that metal plate. Then I went to Lowes and bought a package of #6 X 1 inch self tapping screws. Now the screws are biting into metal. You have to be careful about tightening the two mounting screws because they will begin to pull the plastic piece upward. You may notice the head of the first screw you snugged start to become exposed as you tighten the second screw so make sure you tighten them evenly.

No Holes License Plate Bracket

This is a pic of Qx4Cor's Q60 and the Skene & Calvert Front License Plate Mount

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I have seen some supercars with a stick on license plate. If these are good enough for Lamborghini and Ferrari owners, then it has to be for us.
If they're not reflective like the metal plates you might get busted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've heard about these breaking off or ripping off through the bumper due to driving speeds and wind. Anything like this?

I believe a section of the grille covers the tow hook. Here's an option at least two members (including me) used.

I made the Large Skene & Calvert Front License Plate Mount work. The mounting screws that come with the bracket are only 1/2 inch long. If you mount the bracket to the bottom of the nose the screws are only going to be grabbing soft plastic. So, after I realized this I pushed the shaft end of the drill bit that comes with the bracket kit through the holes I drilled. Between about 3/4 and 1 inch into the hole I hear the bit tapping metal. So I put the bit back into the drill and drilled through that metal plate. Then I went to Lowes and bought a package of #6 X 1 inch self tapping screws. Now the screws are biting into metal. You have to be careful about tightening the two mounting screws because they will begin to pull the plastic piece upward. You may notice the head of the first screw you snugged start to become exposed as you tighten the second screw so make sure you tighten them evenly.

No Holes License Plate Bracket

This is a pic of Qx4Cor's Q60 and the Skene & Calvert Front License Plate Mount

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I've heard about these breaking off or ripping off through the bumper due to driving speeds and wind. Anything like this?
Mine is good for 150 mph >:)
Like I posted, I bought longer screws because it's designed to mount under a bumper.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry to divert a little but has anyone wrapped their license plate on the edges versus getting a lame license plate holder? In Maryland we have a great new plate and all the holders eliminate the bottom, the most colorful part. So I asked my wrapping guy if he would do it. He said sure but didn't know if I would be hassled for it by the Troopers. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Sorry to divert a little but has anyone wrapped their license plate on the edges versus getting a lame license plate holder? In Maryland we have a great new plate and all the holders eliminate the bottom, the most colorful part. So I asked my wrapping guy if he would do it. He said sure but didn't know if I would be hassled for it by the Troopers. Thoughts?
I'd have to see it first.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i loved the stillen one i had on my g37, but on the q50 it blocks the forward emergency braking sensor

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anyone know where you can get a stick-on plate made? I'd love to do that for my antique car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts