Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Figured I'd post something that didn't involve the constant reminders of the pandemic that is Covid 19.

I'm not the type to mess around too much while street driving. However, I come to an intersection today that has two straight lanes. An STI pulls up next to me. Out of nowhere, this guy starts yelling that he wants to race. I actually don't even roll my window down or acknowledge. Apparently he didn't like that, he starts revving his engine the starts to brake boost like he's setting up to launch it off the light. (Side note, I know all too well these sounds as I came from FBO, fp green tuned WRX). Light turns green, he launches, next thing I come to and my foot has become a lead balloon and I'm flooring it. At about 60-100ft I catch him and wave as I pass him bye. It was seen easy 4 car lengths ahead and very fast that I let up and stopped at the next light around 3 miles down the road. Again, the STI pulls up next to me only this time I roll my window down (as does he), and I simply say... "Wanna race." This light he was no contest, gapped him almost right away. Turns out he was a really nice guy we chatted after we he pulled in behind me at the gas station.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hooned a bit this morning since I installed the LDPs last night. Had to test them out, right? So I was pulling out on the main 4 lane road, got sideways for a bit(didn't floor it and modulated the throttle so TC didn't kick in but still learning this technique) and who do I see coming from the opposite direction as I'm sideways? City Cop...yay! Luckily this one didn't see or care and just kept driving. Had a nice pucker moment for a minute. I was ready to pull over and get an ear full/heavy ticket.

·
Super Moderator
2,566 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
For those of us in the age bracket that would have seen Smokey & The Bandit in theaters, I came across this meme on Instagram:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great stories ! Not much happening here . I forgot and left my respirator in my avatar on the car and took off and lost it . lol. Man , whats up with toilet paper for a respitory deal ?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Whats up with toilet paper for a respitory deal ?
I spoke with my Chinese-American next-door neighbor regarding TPGate. Apprently, when the Wuhan break-out of CV occurred, the population panic buying of masks caused a shortage of masks. With no mask inventory, the Chinese govt ordered the producers of paper towels, toilet paper, etc., to switch out to producing masks instead. Once the population "got wind" ;) of the potential shortage of paper goods, this change in shopping behavior caused a run on TP, including hoarding.

Of course, the Chinese have relatives all over the world, and when word got out, those Chinese in other countries went out and started buying masks, TP, sanitizer, etc. For example, the PNW has larger than average Asian population, and thus we had TPGate occur in late February/early Match. My co-workers in other divisions in the Midwest and Northeast thought I was nuts when I mentioned to them to check their TP inventory in their homes, and to stock-up, because the wave was coming. And now? TPGate is a national phenom...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I spoke with my Chinese-American next-door neighbor regarding TPGate. Apprently, when the Wuhan break-out of CV occurred, the population panic buying of masks caused a shortage of masks. With no mask inventory, the Chinese govt ordered the producers of paper towels, toilet paper, etc., to switch out to producing masks instead. Once the population "got wind" ;) of the potential shortage of paper goods, this change in shopping behavior caused a run on TP, including hoarding.

Of course, the Chinese have relatives all over the world, and when word got out, those Chinese in other countries went out and started buying masks, TP, sanitizer, etc. For example, the PNW has larger than average Asian population, and thus we had TPGate occur in late February/early Match. My co-workers in other divisions in the Midwest and Northeast thought I was nuts when I mentioned to them to check their TP inventory in their homes, and to stock-up, because the wave was coming. And now? TPGate is a national phenom...

Ah , i see . my daughetr had to go to an asian store in seattle to get rice . My asian grandkids need thier rice . hehe . I'm in wa. state out on the K.P. . My wife went to do regular shopping at the country market and the store guy told her they were out of rice and my wife told the guy " no , mines right there " . All organic rice was still on the shelf . They had lots of veggies too while processed food was low. lol. I just got over a big respitory infection from going to the drs office . lol . I will never in my life have a need for thier hand sanitizer ! And I have challege immune system from wasting from multipul systems atrophy caused by acute phenol poisening which i'm fixing on my own without allopathic drs . lol .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts