Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New guy here who's been drooling since last fall at the Q60. Bought new in 2004 a diamond graphite G35 coupe 6MT and regret only
keeping it 4 years !!! My current car is a red 2013 Subaru BRZ...In Denver you don't see these cars (everything on the road seems to
be SUVs and trucks).

Going to wait till april (50th bday gift to myself) and trade the BRZ for a '18 3.0 LUXE AWD. My tastes in colors have changed
over the years...All you see on the road is silver, gray, black and white cars . I used to be one of those people (did love the diamond
graphite) at the time....I like bright, somewhat different colors on a car...The red on my BRZ i love but don't want another red car.

Just saw someone posted the 2018 Q60 changes newsline from Infiniti (thanks!) and i'm delighted to see solar mica (the gold
Nieman Marcus car) being added ...It's a love/hate color (probably more hate) ...Although yet to see it in person i'm really leaning
to getting my 3.0 LUXE solar mica/ stone leatherette and optional sport exhaust(with mufflers) and no other options...In Denver i'm
going to get 5 grand off thru the VPP program so this car will be lower 40's out the door !

I bet allot of you may say "gag" but i bet i won't see another on the road around here.. Will probably be the least produced color (and dropped after 18?) and that's what i'm going for .. Love your opinions ! Take care all !
Jeff

·
Registered
479 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I will admit Solar Mica is a very interesting color, it's not bad, I just think I prefer something more stealthy or some would say, boring,lol. My current G37S is platinum graphite and I love the new graphite shadow color, which is probably what I will get when I do pick up a Q60. You might want to check out Iridium Blue, I don't see too many of those around and I think it's a awesome color, would be my second choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi InfinitiFreak .....

Thanks for replying ! Funny you say that ....I assumed before the news release that there would be no color changes for 18 on only year 2. If that was the case my favorite color and the one i was going to get was iridium blue....Although a bit dark for me , love how it changes in various light...It looks like an extra cost color although it's not. Kinda striking with the stone leatherette....Classy !!! Can't wait for the fall when i can see the solar mica in person....maybe i'll sway back to iridium but i doubt. When do you think your going to buy your Q60? and which one?

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeff. I say get what makes you happy. I'm of a similar mindset to InfinitiFreak and prefer the graphite shadow or gray cars in general. I find they don't attract too much attention and gray brings out the lines pretty well while still not looking too bad when it gets slightly dirty.

So gray's my thing but to each their own. After all, it's your car. Might as well get something that makes you happy. Btw, Happy 50th (bet I'm the first!!). :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi InfinitiFreak .....

Thanks for replying ! Funny you say that ....I assumed before the news release that there would be no color changes for 18 on only year 2. If that was the case my favorite color and the one i was going to get was iridium blue....Although a bit dark for me , love how it changes in various light...It looks like an extra cost color although it's not. Kinda striking with the stone leatherette....Classy !!! Can't wait for the fall when i can see the solar mica in person....maybe i'll sway back to iridium but i doubt. When do you think your going to buy your Q60? and which one?
I will be picking up a 2019 or 2020 model when the time comes, so I'm just stalking and learning for now,lol. Solar Mica will defiantly be an eye catcher, though not sure what interior color would look best with that, maybe black interior.

If you go with the Solar Mica you will be required to post pics as that is a very rare color,lol!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good for you , InfinitiFreak ...I'm sure the 2019 or 20 will be a better car, anyway. Yeah, i will post pics in April...Bet i'll be the first owner on this site with the gold one even though it will be halfway thru the model year ! We shall see....

·
Registered
500 Posts
The lower production numbers is sort of why I like it since everyone these days has a 4-Series or a C-Class. Although they are nice there's just something special about the Q60. After seeing the Q60 Red Sport and Q50 Red Sport I got even more interested. It'll get even better for us once they come out with an IPL version ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I still have my 2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe. I'm planning on replacing it with a Q60, but I'm not sure when yet. I will probably go with Iridium Blue, but I do wish it was brighter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dave.

Just curious...Did you buy your 2004 new? Has it been reliable? I really regret selling mine ....The Q60 looks great in every color, in my opinion.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks Dave.

Just curious...Did you buy your 2004 new? Has it been reliable? I really regret selling mine ....The Q60 looks great in every color, in my opinion.
Yes, I bought it new in 2004. It has been pretty reliable. I have had issues, but overall it has been a great car. The maintenance is kind of expensive though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts