Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I drove my 2003 G35 coupe off the lot in 2004 and sold it 11 years/200,000km later. By far the best, most reliable & fun car I have owned. Replaced it with a BMW 435iX coupe and, meh.
I am considering going back to Infiniti by trading in my 435iX coupe for a Q60 3.0t coupe.
I recently test drove the 2017 Q60 3.0. I like almost everything about it except the slow shifting transmission.
I've read a few threads and understand the tranny "it is what it is", so to speak. Is this accurate or are there improvements that can be made (coding?) to get the shifts a whole lot crisper?

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't think I've seen anything wrt "coding" of the transmission but I would recommend reaching out to Level10 Transmissions to check if they retune the transmission when they rebuild it for higher power.

If you can hold off a couple of years, Infiniti might be replacing the 7speed with a different transmission but this probably won't happen until the refresh which I'm expecting in 2019/2020 or so.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I ordered, waited, and bought my G35 Coupe in October 2002. Test drove the second gen G37/Q60 and BMW four series and just wasn't impressed so kept it for 14 years! I suggest waiting or getting a stripped down M4 or a Q60 Red Sport in the short term. You won't be disappointed.

Reactions: Hugoagogo

·
Registered
148 Posts
White always look sharp :)

Btw, it looks like there's a whole bunch of cocaine on the ground...didn't realize that was happening. :D
all these comment about white make me want to wash my car - I am no longer certain what color it is of

Reactions: Hugoagogo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts