Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I fell in love with the new G37/Q60 at the auto show and couldn't wait to get my hands on one... It’s been a week since I finally took mine home. I really didn’t plan on getting the carbon fiber on the outside but it was the only one they had with all the packages and colors inside and out that I have been looking for…
I would like to go have the windows tinted, but not sure which percent to get. What would you recommend

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I fell in love with the new G37/Q60 at the auto show and couldn't wait to get my hands on one... It’s been a week since I finally took mine home. I really didn’t plan on getting the carbon fiber on the outside but it was the only one they had with all the packages and colors inside and out that I have been looking for…
I would like to go have the windows tinted, but not sure which percent to get. What would you recommend
That looks sharp Rachel. Not sure what state you're in if you're in the U.S, so here's a link that shows the legal tint % by state Tint Laws

·
Registered
479 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I would go with 30% or 25% depending on your state. In my opinion, anything darker than that and you're asking to be ticketed by cops.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Very nice Rachel congrats on the new joy in your life. I went with 35% ceramic tint on the sides and back with My Q60RS which looks real nice. Judging from the license plate colors on a couple other cars in the distance in your pics I'm guessing your in NY, which sucks cause they require 70% on the front and rear side windows there. They probably wouldn't bother you with 50% all around (minus the windshield) but it's your call. I've been pulled over for my tint in my G37S 3 times, got a tint ticket 2 out of 3 of those incidents (one officer loved the G too much to give it a ticket). It's worth it in my opinion.

One thing I will say is while ceramic tint is really durable and how it reduces heat from sunlight really is incredible, it is REALLY thick stuff and takes weeks to fully cure. On top of that it's really expensive compared to the non-ceramic tints. I decided on it purely for the durability and heat dissipation properties, but for the cost it's debatable that it's worth it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My Q60 is the same color. I am doing 15% on mine only because I know I can get away with that in my state. Was looking into ceramic but I don't like the shiny/reflective look they give so I'm probably going with carbon.

Also if I had a red interior like yours I wouldn't even tint mine. I would show it off cause it looks hot. Congrats

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations :) Very classy colour combo may I add. Which state do you live in so we can figure out tint regulations ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Our (pathetic) governor in NY just signed a new law with tint limits. I saw it this morning. I forget the number - I think it's 27% or something...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great color combo Rachel! The Carbon accents look great on silver.

As for tint, I would go with 35%. It's light enough to see partially in but dark enough to keep enough light out. I plan to do the same when mine comes in

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks you guysssss ��
I live in NY, but since my mom has a house in PA i use her address for my registration so I'll get a PA plate. I've heard PA doesn't have a tint law, but I have yet to do a quick search, is this true?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really like my 3M crystalline tint, the 70% crystalline has like 97% or better IR rejection and 99%+ UV rejection, expensive but your windows feel like they're solid walls when you're sitting in direct sunlight

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much

I really like my 3M crystalline tint, the 70% crystalline has like 97% or better IR rejection and 99%+ UV rejection, expensive but your windows feel like they're solid walls when you're sitting in direct sunlight
How much did u pay to have that done?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got 40% on all my windows including sunroof for like 500, it's much more expensive tint but the heat rejection properties are amazing, the difference is literally night and day, as in without the tint you feel like you're roasting in direct sunlight where with the tint it might as well be night out, the whole sensation of the sun beating down on you is completely gone.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I got 40% on all my windows including sunroof for like 500, it's much more expensive tint but the heat rejection properties are amazing, the difference is literally night and day, as in without the tint you feel like you're roasting in direct sunlight where with the tint it might as well be night out, the whole sensation of the sun beating down on you is completely gone.
Dragon, do you have pics you can share showing the tint? If I remember correctly, the crystalline 3M looks brownish instead of black right? I usually get the 3M color stable series since it's a black looking tint. That one has cost less than $300 on all my cars not including moonroof.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great!!

I live in NJ and have 30% tints and the police can be a pain at times but they've always let me go!!

I guess it helps to have a nice smile wink wink??

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts