Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This blue-over-white Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD is known as Grandma's Hot Rod.

It isn't her first Nissan Skyline (sold as an Infiniti in this country). She drove a 2005 G35x for ten years, and that car was also known as Grandma's Hot Rod. Then she gave it to a grandkid for a couple years, and soon another grandkid will be driving it.

Not many miles on the Q60 yet, but it's an extraordinary car. Not perfect, but a lot of fun. She'll be driving it year-round here in Minnesota -- when we bought the car we included another set of factory rims mounted with Michelin X-Ice tires. (We ran Blizzaks on the G35x in winter.)

First photo shows both cars. Second photo shows a 1/43 scale model car that I mounted on the rear window package shelf. We have followed Formula One for years. For a while, Infiniti was title sponsor of the Red Bull team. This particular 2014 Infiniti Red Bull RB10 won the Canadian Grand Prix, our favorite race to attend in person, with Daniel Ricciardo driving.

Grandpa

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saw some posts about floor jacks, and whether jack pads are advisable. My old floor jack and pad work just fine with Grandma's new Q60 RS400.

The pad is slotted and fits around the sheet-metal jack point. It works better on the Q60 than on the G35 since the jack point is not as close to the plastic rocker panel on the Q60.

The pad is from Protech Products and I think it is their #1006; see ebay. Mine is at least ten years old.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts