Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my custom-order graphite shadow / monaco red Q60 RS AWD this week. It was ordered in early Sep, so it took about three months. It has the premium and driver assistance packages, illuminated kick plates, and external ground lighting. I'm very pleased with the color scheme and overall quality. So far I added window tint and a clear front bumper application.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great color combo. Very nice.

Reactions: 1701-64D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How does the ground lighting work exactly? On all the time at night, or only when parked, etc?
It's tied to the overhead lights and door handle lights. They all come on and fade out at the same time. So it's when you unlock the car or open the door. It's a nice effect. I'll take a picture at night and post it.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Love it! That color combo is perfect IMO.

I so can't wait for mine to arrive....this wait is killing me. It's not even been a full month yet. If the timelines hold, mine will probably come in the end of February or early March.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's tied to the overhead lights and door handle lights. They all come on and fade out at the same time. So it's when you unlock the car or open the door. It's a nice effect. I'll take a picture at night and post it.
Here are the pics of the external ground lighting:

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Looks awesome! I plan to get graphite shadow when I order. What percent tint is that?
30% light transmittance all around. We're lucky in Texas because the tint can be pretty dark. Everything behind the front row can be as dark as you want. I didn't go darker for the other windows because I wanted it to be uniform.

Edit: Oops, InfinitiFreak, I just noticed you're also in Texas, so no need for the tint lesson.

·
Registered
479 Posts
30% light transmittance all around. We're lucky in Texas because the tint can be pretty dark. Everything behind the front row can be as dark as you want. I didn't go darker for the other windows because I wanted it to be uniform.

Edit: Oops, InfinitiFreak, I just noticed you're also in Texas, so no need for the tint lesson.
Lol, I actually appreciate the lesson as I have only been in Texas a year or so and this will be the first car I buy and tint here.

I will probably go with 30% also as I will get the graphite shadow exterior but graphite interior.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol, I actually appreciate the lesson as I have only been in Texas a year or so and this will be the first car I buy and tint here.

I will probably go with 30% also as I will get the graphite shadow exterior but graphite interior.
Nice, can't wait to see it. I like your Silver Surfer avatar, too. He was always my favorite. Too bad he's not in the marvel movies.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Beautiful car! Enjoy! As established in another thread, I get mine tomorrow, exactly 4 months after 'ordering'. I love the red interior but since I decided on a red exterior, I thought it might be a bit much. Question: Was there a clear mask pattern available already or was it a custom application? Thanks.

Reactions: 1701-64D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beautiful car! Enjoy! As established in another thread, I get mine tomorrow, exactly 4 months after 'ordering'. I love the red interior but since I decided on a red exterior, I thought it might be a bit much. Question: Was there a clear mask pattern available already or was it a custom application? Thanks.
The place that did it already had a pattern. I didn't put it on the hood at all because I didn't want a line going across. The whole bumper is covered, though, including the area between the grille and hood.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Someone's not getting any sleep tonight!!!!

Congratulations on the the new ride and pictures pleaaase!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I swapped the red center console lid for black. I planned to do this before I got the car, but wanted to see it in real life. The red one was just a little too much. Now the console lid matches the rest of the leather/vinyl leading to the dash. I just think it looks cleaner.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally got my custom-order graphite shadow / monaco red Q60 RS AWD this week. It was ordered in early Sep, so it took about three months. It has the premium and driver assistance packages, illuminated kick plates, and external ground lighting. I'm very pleased with the color scheme and overall quality. So far I added window tint and a clear front bumper application.
Got my Graphite Shadow/ Red, Red Sport 400 last Friday. Originally wanted Iridium Blue but they are rare right now. Only thing I don't like are the dark wheels. Anybody know of silver or machined wheels that fit?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I swapped the red center console lid for black. I planned to do this before I got the car, but wanted to see it in real life. The red one was just a little too much. Now the console lid matches the rest of the leather/vinyl leading to the dash. I just think it looks cleaner.
Wow, thanks for that pic. Not that I didn't like the red lid, but I prefer your new look. Very nice.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
This does flow soo much better imo as well. Do you have a p/n for the center console lid btw? I'm guessing the work to switch it out was not too bad either?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This does flow soo much better imo as well. Do you have a p/n for the center console lid btw? I'm guessing the work to switch it out was not too bad either?
The part number for the black lid is 96920-4GT0A. The parts guy said mine was the only one in the north american system, but there should be more soon. It was about $200.

I just had them install it for me. They were already doing the shopping bag hooks in the trunk, which are pretty nice, by the way. There are two and they're retractable.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts