Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I get closer and closer to getting rid of my GTR and sticking with just my Q60, I start to look at all the crap that I've accumulated over the years in preparationf or that next service event, replacement, etc and I've been wondering how much of it to chuck and how much to try and stick on the Q60 if possible.

One of the more expensive items that I'm hoping to not chuck are brand new rotors and pads. I don't have spare GTR calipers (so I'm thinking I would need to purchase them...hopefully Ebay has them for cheap.).

So what's everyone's thoughts? Yea or Nay? Can it be done? I know new wheels will be required (and a set of FF04s is already in my cards), but I have absolutely no idea what else I might need.

>:)

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
So as I get closer and closer to getting rid of my GTR and sticking with just my Q60, I start to look at all the crap that I've accumulated over the years in preparationf or that next service event, replacement, etc and I've been wondering how much of it to chuck and how much to try and stick on the Q60 if possible.

One of the more expensive items that I'm hoping to not chuck are brand new rotors and pads. I don't have spare GTR calipers (so I'm thinking I would need to purchase them...hopefully Ebay has them for cheap.).

So what's everyone's thoughts? Yea or Nay? Can it be done? I know new wheels will be required (and a set of FF04s is already in my cards), but I have absolutely no idea what else I might need.

>:)
Very interesting thought. First things, first: checking part numbers on spindles/knuckles and then calipers. Just looking at the parts diagrams for comparison, the mounting for the calipers looks very different. I'm thinking some serious work would need to be done.

Checkout the screenshot attached with my elementary photoshop skills.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. That is absolutely not something I had considered. I don't know if I would even want to go about doing a lot of work to make it work although it would look nicer if the rotors were larger than they currently are especially with new plus size wheels.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Lots of work, certainly. But, the ability to stop, your passengers would be kissing the bumper of the person in front of your! GT-R's are wondrous machines! I know someone preparing to sell their 2013 that's tuned to put 551 HP and 549 FT/LB torque to the wheels.

But, it was an entertaining thought and definitely worth thinking about!

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
This might be stupid and I'm probably asking the same question again without realizing it, but could I find hats & calipers to switch onto the Q60 that might work with the rotors & pads I have that were purchased for my GTR. The rotors are part of an aftermarket 2 piece system (I didn't get new hats with them).

- Front rotors: DBA 5000 T3 Slotted Front Brake rotor ring (DBA52322.1S)
- Rear rotors: DBA 5000 T3 Slotted Rear brake rotor ring (DBA52323.1S)

I'm sure the outer diameter of the rotors between the Q60 & GTR is different but would the hats also be significantly different in diameter? So could I reuse the Q60's hats (or maybe get some from someone if there is someone that sells stuff like that), slap on the new rotors and then find calipers that might work coz I'm pretty sure the Q60 one's wouldn't fit give the expected diameter difference.

Thoughts? The cheapo miser in me is curious (because while I can justify dropping a grand or 2 to find a plug and play solution), I would prefer not to chuck out about $2k worth of brake stuff :eek:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
This might be stupid and I'm probably asking the same question again without realizing it, but could I find hats & calipers to switch onto the Q60 that might work with the rotors & pads I have that were purchased for my GTR. The rotors are part of an aftermarket 2 piece system (I didn't get new hats with them).

- Front rotors: DBA 5000 T3 Slotted Front Brake rotor ring (DBA52322.1S)
- Rear rotors: DBA 5000 T3 Slotted Rear brake rotor ring (DBA52323.1S)

I'm sure the outer diameter of the rotors between the Q60 & GTR is different but would the hats also be significantly different in diameter? So could I reuse the Q60's hats (or maybe get some from someone if there is someone that sells stuff like that), slap on the new rotors and then find calipers that might work coz I'm pretty sure the Q60 one's wouldn't fit give the expected diameter difference.

Thoughts? The cheapo miser in me is curious (because while I can justify dropping a grand or 2 to find a plug and play solution), I would prefer not to chuck out about $2k worth of brake stuff :eek:
You know...sometimes we get ideas in our heads from misreading things and don't realize it...until now. For some reason I kept thinking you wanted to put GT-R calipers on your vehicle and that's clearly not what you originally posted. Apologies!

I don't think this is a bad thing to find out if it will work or not. $2k is not small change and worth seeing if you could use it. But, at the GT-R is a product I am not too educated about, I don't want to open my virtual mouth larger than I already did as I don't think both of my feet can fit in there. :laugh:

This is going to have to be answered by someone with more experience in this area than myself.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know...sometimes we get ideas in our heads from misreading things and don't realize it...until now. For some reason I kept thinking you wanted to put GT-R calipers on your vehicle and that's clearly not what you originally posted. Apologies!

I don't think this is a bad thing to find out if it will work or not. $2k is not small change and worth seeing if you could use it. But, at the GT-R is a product I am not too educated about, I don't want to open my virtual mouth larger than I already did as I don't think both of my feet can fit in there. :laugh:

This is going to have to be answered by someone with more experience in this area than myself.
No worries. I'm still no closer to an answer myself. Did some google sleuthing and from what I could dig up, the only BBKs available for the Q60 are 14" ones. The rotors I have are 15" in diameter so I'd either have to do one of three things:
- cobble something together using the StopTech ST-60 or other calipers that I find (6 piston would probably be way overkill)
- wait for someone to release a BBK that would work with a 15" rotor and then buy that kit, install it and replace the rotors with the one's I have in time (wife would kill me!!!)
- chuck it all out and just forget it (on the plus side, my wife won't complain about more car parts sitting in the hall LOL)

I'd love to hear what the folks here think. Believe me when I say I know almost nothing apart from what the calipers looks like, what brake pads look like and do, and what rotors and hats are (& what they do). :crying:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts