Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Own the 2017 RS400 RWD with 3L 400 hp "new" Japanese engine. Continuing to love to drive this car, and be honored by "gawkers" who like it's looks, and continue to ask questions about my ride. I have been very very pleased with the gas mileage that I have gotten 27 mpg to 26.7 mpg over the past 6K-plus miles. But largely driven in Standard (car is not a total dog?), over Mts, and long-distances.

But, alas, I have fallen in love with the tighter/quicker steering and much better over-all balancing in tight corners, in Sport. De ride clearly performs more athletically.

There are likely many Q60 owners who regularly drive in Sport or Sport+?

How bad,...has the "gearing down" affected your overall gas mileage?

Call me cheap? (Was part of my reason for ditching the Caddy CTS-V, who couldn't wean itself from the very next petrol station down the road)? Endless power,...and endless appetite. So far, haven't run long enough in Sport M to see how my coupe devours gas.

How many mpg do Ya get with long term usage in Sport Mode? I don't engage 'Pedal-to-the-Metal' which will always be hard on a small engine, but do enjoy "a bit extra athleticism" in the coupe.

??? >:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....Sounds good, especially if you have AWD that should lower the mileage a tad? If I could get 25 mpg overall, including over mountains, and open freeways ....I would gladly sacrifice my ratings down to 25 mpg. The "better handling/response" would be worth it.

:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ever since I got my exhaust I drive it in Sport+ and paddleshifter mode.

I drive like an a****** and mainly city so I typically get 19mpg LOL

·
Registered
252 Posts
I drive in Sport + everyday. I have gotten 28 mpg before, but usually it is around 22 with mixed driving. and me not mashing the pedal everywhere.. lol

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
around 18 mph on 25 mi one-way commute legs in pretty horrific SF Bay Area traffic.

Sport+ and paddles almost all the time.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ever since I got my exhaust I drive it in Sport+ and paddleshifter mode.

I drive like an a****** and mainly city so I typically get 19mpg LOL
Same here. Paddles in Sport +, get about 18 MPG mostly city driving (probably 70/30)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oooooh,....I NEED to play a little more?! Haven't even used the Sport+ mode yet. I have to admit that I have never liked paddles, even though the last three rides had them. I could blaze through a stick shift, but paddles seem soooo "electronic" to me (but, heck, all of our cars tend to be very electronically-driven anymore?). Too old, and too Old School, I reckon.

The mileage figures that Y'all are getting with Sport+ (regardless of paddles) actually sounds quite good t'me. Will have to pursue this further. I DO tend to mash the gas peddle a fair amount though, when we're not stuck in city traffic on busy streets (lots o' LEOs here...sigh).

Practice makes perfect?

Thanks, ALL

·
Registered
159 Posts
I drive with sport + all the time and I'm sitting around 17 MPG.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sport + or Personal Mode and I'm getting 17.8 mpg.

There is no point to Standard except when someone else drives the car.

The engineers must have a bad sense of humor to put Eco in this car with an Eco peddle.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Sport + or Personal Mode and I'm getting 17.8 mpg.

There is no point to Standard except when someone else drives the car.

The engineers must have a bad sense of humor to put Eco in this car with an Eco peddle.
I use Eco (no Eco peddle) 90% of the time. Doesn't take much effort to push the pedal to the floor or toggle a switch when necessary. It also makes you appreciate the other modes. Besides, my 2017 CBR1000S1 has mind blowing performance in comparison to any exotic production car when I really need a rush. >:)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I only drive in Sport Plus with a 50/50 of local versus long haul driving and I average just under 25 miles a gallon. I should reset and start over since the first couple thousand of miles the mileage was less.

·
Registered
170 Posts
How in the **** are you guys getting 25mpg?!?! Lol

I drive in standard/sport+ and my avg mpg is 18.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
How in the **** are you guys getting 25mpg?!?! Lol

I drive in standard/sport+ and my avg mpg is 18.8

I'm about 85% highway on cruise, so I get 25mpg in Sport. Usually over 400 miles before filling up the tank. I'm sure it would be much different in city stop/go traffic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
O.K. kind folks...I finally got the chance to play a little this weekend with me ride. Saturday, did a few "laps round town" in Sport + Mode. Mostly city traffic,... wasn't much of a test. Will probably not use Sport + until I switch out the tires to Pilot Sports. It also appeared to be a good way to lure LEOs? Or get bopped in the butt by a texting teen?

Soooooo.....today (Sunday) we took 'er for a 100.3 mile test to Hatch and back. Wanted to come back the fun back/old road but it is still be resurfaced with oil/gravel (Yeek!). Guessing,...all but 25 miles were freeway driving, sadly.

Drove the first 30 miles in Standard Mode, including going 15 miles at 100 mph. Tach was consistent at 3K rpm (at 100).

Switched to Sport Mode for remaining 70 miles. Drove 40 miles at a constant 100 mph, except for slowdowns for two LEOs, and several miles coming back into town. Tach was same in Sport Mode, as Standard, unvarying at 3k rpm (at 100).

At the end of my small trial, the trip average was STILL 26.5 mpg (obviously, more frisky mileage in city traffic should have lowered my average somewhat?).

Gonna drive 'er in Sport Mode,....'til me get new rubber.

Loibs,...Good remarks about the "bad sense of humor to put Eco in this car..."!

(If I wanted a Prius, I'd spring....err...crawl, for one?). Great comments.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I drive mostly in Boston city traffic and average 23 mpg with Eco mode no a/c. Switch to standard mpg drop to 20 mpg no a/c. Switch to sport or plus mpg drop to 18 mpg. With a/c mpg drops 1-2 mpg. In the weekends with more highway driving mpg adds 4 mpg a across the board. Driving behind an 18 wheeler adds another 6-10 mpg, hehe. My top mpg was 36 mpg from Boston to NYC 4 hour drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts