Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up. Need some help. I have a q60rs4 2018. Couple days ago I got my heat exchanger from mishimoto and BOV installed. 30 minutes later I notice my car was not pushing the same power. It felt slow. Then my car started to slow down as I pressed the gas, until it completely stopped. I turned the car off/on and I was able to drive only 20-35 miles ph. I exit and open the hood and decide to open the right tank (drivers side) and all this air/ coolant came out. After waiting for 10 minutes I put the cap back on and I was able to drive. It had power but not full power. I called mishimoto customer service and explained to them my situation and he said the air was not properly removed and I needed to get the coolant flushed again. He said the person didn’t remove all the air and that’s what’s causing the lack of power.

can anyone help and give me any feedback please?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,807 Posts
You need to have the IC Coolant properly bled. With air in the system, the heat of the intake charge can't be properly reduced/transferred to the HE, therefore, the ECM will pull timing based on the increase in Charge Air Temp, and you'll get a reduction in power.

Alternatively, you can take your Q to an Infiniti dealership to have the coolant properly bled of air. They will use the Consult 3+ tool to run the IC pump(s) to push out the air.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
can anyone help and give me any feedback please?
You need a tech that knows what they're doing to bleed the system.
Alternatively, you can take your Q to an Infiniti dealership to have the coolant properly bled of air. They will use the Consult 3+ tool to run the IC pump(s) to push out the air.
This ⬆⬆⬆

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to have the IC Coolant properly bled. With air in the system, the heat of the intake charge can't be properly reduced/transferred to the HE, therefore, the ECM will pull timing based on the increase in Charge Air Temp, and you'll get a reduction in power.

Can I take it to a Nissan dealer or it has to be Infiniti?

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
Can I take it to a Nissan dealer or it has to be Infiniti?
Give me the phone number to your nearest Nissan dealer and I'll call them and ask for you.

Reactions: VIVID

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
Can I take it to Nissan dealer or it has to be Infiniti?
Give me the phone number to your nearest Nissan dealer and I'll call them and ask for you.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
+1 (661) 274-4700 thank you so much !
Okay, those hobos in the service department at Antelope Valley Nissan won't answer the phone. It eventually went to voice mail. Just call and leave a message with your call back number.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, those hobos in the service department at Antelope Valley Nissan won't answer the phone. It eventually went to voice mail. Just call and leave a message with your call back number.
Thanks bro!!
So I just call and ask if they can do a coolant flush for Infiniti Q60?

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
So I just call and ask if they can do a coolant flush for Infiniti Q60?
1. Do you service Infiniti?
2. Can you bleed the intercooler on a Q60 using the Consult 3+ tool?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,807 Posts
Thanks, can the water pump get damage if it’s not properly bleed?
The intercooler pump, or pumps (Red Sport) can be damaged by running dry due to excessive air in the intercooler coolant loop. Thus the reason for the Air Lift Tool, which will force the air out of the intercooler coolant loop.

Reactions: Bevo

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
Thanks, can the water pump get damage if it’s not properly bleed?
Dude, you spent money to "improve performance" on your Q60. Why not spend money to keep it from being damaged? Right now you're hurting its performance.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
Just to be clear, you have two cooling systems on your car. One features the radiator and fans which cools the engine. The second features the HEAT EXCHANGER for the intercooler which cools intake air. You need the HEAT EXCHANGER/intercoolers serviced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just to be clear, you have two cooling systems on your car. One features the radiator and fans which cools the engine. The second features the HEAT EXCHANGER for the intercooler which cools intake air. You need the HEAT EXCHANGER/intercoolers serviced.
I’m doing both services. How am I hurting it’s performance? Simply cuz I added a heat exchanger? From my understanding, heat exchanger should be the number one “performance mod” you should do (depending where you live). So far I seen videos and other threads suggesting heat exchanger?

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
How am I hurting it’s performance? Simply cuz I added a heat exchanger? From my understanding, heat exchanger should be the number one “performance mod” you should do (depending where you live). So far I seen videos and other threads suggesting heat exchanger?
You're hurting the performance because the heat exchanger is not functioning properly. Remember this?
⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
I notice my car was not pushing the same power. It felt slow. Then my car started to slow down as I pressed the gas, until it completely stopped. I turned the car off/on and I was able to drive only 20-35 miles ph. I exit and open the hood and decide to open the right tank (drivers side) and all this air/ coolant came out. After waiting for 10 minutes I put the cap back on and I was able to drive. It had power but not full power. I called mishimoto customer service and explained to them my situation and he said the air was not properly removed and I needed to get the coolant flushed again. He said the person didn’t remove all the air and that’s what’s causing the lack of power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Correct, but I’m not driving the car. I haven’t driving the car since it happen. I did drive yesterday to take it to the dealer.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
Correct, but I’m not driving the car. I haven’t driving the car since it happen. I did drive yesterday to take it to the dealer.
Sweet

1 - 20 of 26 Posts