Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the drone problem, or lack thereof depending on your preference, has been debated extensively in several threads, but I have not read any posts about adding a Helmholtz resonator tube to the proximal exhaust pipe, which is the typical fix for automotive drone noise. There are numerous videos about making or adding one of these tubes, and they are commercially available, such in the links below:

NoDrone - Products

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afwdv3Qwdpk

Has anyone on this forum tried to add one of these resonators?

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I believe the drone problem, or lack thereof depending on your preference, has been debated extensively in several threads, but I have not read any posts about adding a Helmholtz resonator tube to the proximal exhaust pipe, which is the typical fix for automotive drone noise. There are numerous videos about making or adding one of these tubes, and they are commercially available, such in the links below:

NoDrone - Products

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afwdv3Qwdpk

Has anyone on this forum tried to add one of these resonators?

I'm glad you posted this. My rep with NISMO said the discontinue WM kits for the Q50 are supposed to be replaced with this type of design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
interesting. i had something called a "CC insert" to reduce drone and help with back pressure on my last car's custom exhaust and that did help. this is a totally different thing though.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Identical to the RWD cars.
Bevo's right. I added a couple layers of Dynamat to the trunk and I don't notice any drone anymore. In my case, it felt like I was extra sensitive since I could feel the vibrations in the floor (between 2k & 3k rpm). I don't notice any issues anymore no matter how low or how high the rpm and regardless of gear.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bevo's right. I added a couple layers of Dynamat to the trunk and I don't notice any drone anymore. In my case, it felt like I was extra sensitive since I could feel the vibrations in the floor (between 2k & 3k rpm). I don't notice any issues anymore no matter how low or how high the rpm and regardless of gear.
Hey test!! Did you dynamat below the car or inside the trunk??? I have a spare box of dynamat lying around and probably will do the same when I get the time.

Just got my sports exhaust today!:D

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts