Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my Helmholtz exhaust and all i can say "WOW"! Initially I thought that the exhaust sounded quiet, however after putting some miles on it seemed to get louder. Is this normal or is it all in my head? I did noticed that the passengar side is a little off centered. I tried bending the hanger which helped at first but its not perfect and it will annoy the heck out of me. I am thinking of taking it to an exhaust shop to remedy.

Also I noticed now under semi-hard acceleration during the gear shifts, I hear a slight chirp. It almost sounds like a belt squeal. I haven't checked the belt alignment issue that so many other threads have described. I figured that at I'd at least mention it to see if anyone had similar experiences.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
Others have noted alignment issues. Maybe it's the tires chirping. >:)

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
What is that black box that it is protecting?
It's got to be something magical. Since I just have straight pipes and nothing to collect heat, I removed that smaller heat shield too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So I just installed my Helmholtz exhaust and all i can say "WOW"! Initially I thought that the exhaust sounded quiet, however after putting some miles on it seemed to get louder. Is this normal or is it all in my head? I did noticed that the passengar side is a little off centered. I tried bending the hanger which helped at first but its not perfect and it will annoy the heck out of me. I am thinking of taking it to an exhaust shop to remedy.

Also I noticed now under semi-hard acceleration during the gear shifts, I hear a slight chirp. It almost sounds like a belt squeal. I haven't checked the belt alignment issue that so many other threads have described. I figured that at I'd at least mention it to see if anyone had similar experiences.

I think most exhausts will deepen a little. Just make sure if you have the Bose sound that you turn off the fake sound maker in the hidden menu. It makes a huge difference in terms of good sound.

Reactions: Hugoagogo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just turned off the fake exhaust noise and it sounds even better. Thanks for the tip. Does anyone know if there is a guide to what those other functions are/do in the hidden menu?

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
I just turned off the fake exhaust noise and it sounds even better. Thanks for the tip. Does anyone know if there is a guide to what those other functions are/do in the hidden menu?
Everything I've seen has come from youtube. Play at your own risk

Reactions: WShade

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did noticed that the passengar side is a little off centered. I tried bending the hanger which helped at first but its not perfect and it will annoy the heck out of me. I am thinking of taking it to an exhaust shop to remedy.
Did you ever get the alignment figured out? My passenger side is hanging a bit low and to the right and its bothering me as well. The rubber gaskets the hangers slide into are pretty loose so I'm not sure how much bending the hanger will work.

Let me know if you ever dealt with this or if you are just trying to ignore it (Like I am doing now lol)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
If you haven't already tried, the tailpipe hanger has a bit of left/right adjustment if you loosen the three mounting bolts and then adjust the hanger...

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you haven't already tried, the tailpipe hanger has a bit of left/right adjustment if you loosen the three mounting bolts and then adjust the hanger...
Awesome, I'll take a look into this later this weekend and see if I can make any adjustment. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts