Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm the proud owner of an '18 Q60 AWD for about 8-9 months.

I have been experiencing troubling stability issues with the car.

On the highway, it completely changes lane by itself, feels very unstable and dangerous.
Car has been to the dealership many times for alignement and the dealer told me "off the books" that it's a very known issue with the car and Infiniti is well aware of it even if there is no service bulletin.

I have started my journey with the customer service HQ who doesn't seem to want to acknowledge the issue at all and I turn to you guys for some tips, help or similar experience if any.

Car doesn't have adaptive steering or electronic steering.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crappy OEM tires. There are several threads on the matter.

I have read some threads about that but some said that it didn’t fix the issue.

Since my dealership doesn’t want to acknowledge the issue, i have no idea how to deal with that.

Are the rf-tires the definitive problem here?
Car is uncontrollable on the highway at the point where my wife refuses to drive the car due to safety issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
I have read some threads about that but some said that it didn’t fix the issue.

Since my dealership doesn’t want to acknowledge the issue, i have no idea how to deal with that.

Are the rf-tires the definitive problem here?
Car is uncontrollable on the highway at the point where my wife refuses to drive the car due to safety issue.

Just for the h-e-l-l of it, have you rotated the tires?

Reactions: WeTheNorth

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just for the h-e-l-l of it, have you rotated the tires?
Yes.

Well, when I got the car last summer, tires were on and the problem was first noticed.

Didn’t really understand it back then and went through the whole summer like this.

Winter time came (I’m from Canada!) and winter tires were installed making the problem much better.

This summer, the same summer tires were again installed and rotation was done.

Problem still here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Changing to winter tires helped the issue. Going back to OEM summer tires and the issue reappeared. So, absent mods or accidents that is where I would start.

I understand it sounds obvious but the car is leased with INFINITI and I don’t know why they don’t acknowledge the problem.

I don’t want to start spending money on new tires when it should be their responsibility to make the car safe to drive no?

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
I understand it sounds obvious but the car is leased with INFINITI and I don’t know why they don’t acknowledge the problem.

I don’t want to start spending money on new tires when it should be their responsibility to make the car safe to drive no?

Check your lease contract and see if wearable items are covered. I doubt they are and I assume the car handled fine during the test drive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check your lease contract and see if wearable items are covered. I doubt they are and I assume the car handled fine during the test drive.

When I went to lease the car, it was brand new so obviously I just test drove it a few times in the city but never on long road/highways where the problem is really obvious, I mean I continually have to hold the steering wheel because it could do a very sudden change of line if I’m not careful

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
When I went to lease the car, it was brand new so obviously I just test drove it a few times in the city but never on long road/highways where the problem is really obvious, I mean I continually have to hold the steering wheel because it could do a very sudden change of line if I’m not careful

How many miles are on the odometer?

Reactions: WeTheNorth

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
Maybe you have a defective OEM tire. I'd request the dealership test drive the car while you're in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe you have a defective OEM tire. I'd request the dealership test drive the car while you're in the passenger seat.

I was at the dealer a few days ago.
When mentioning the problem, my service rep told me 2 things :

One : this is normal, car is manufactured like that, tires are wide, it’s the crevices in the road that makes the car swirl.

Two: listen, off the books, this is a known problem with the car. We can’t acknowledge anything until INFINITI head office has a solution but trust me you are not the first one, everyone complains about stability issues on the car.

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
I was at the dealer a few days ago.
When mentioning the problem, my service rep told me 2 things :

One : this is normal, car is manufactured like that, tires are wide, it’s the crevices in the road that makes the car swirl.

Two: listen, off the books, this is a known problem with the car. We can’t acknowledge anything until INFINITI head office has a solution but trust me you are not the first one, everyone complains about stability issues on the car.
Pretty sure everyone in this forum with a AWD has not complained about their Q60 being unstable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty sure everyone in this forum with a AWD has not complained about their Q60 being unstable.

To be honest, I don’t know but the service rep wasn’t not surprised at all about this problem but told me his hands are tied until head office says something.

Car is leased so if tires are the problems why would I pay to make THEIR car safe?
Kind of ridiculous so I don’t know what to do from here...

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
To be honest, I don’t know but the service rep wasn’t not surprised at all about this problem but told me his hands are tied until head office says something.

Car is leased so if tires are the problems why would I pay to make THEIR car safe?
Kind of ridiculous so I don’t know what to do from here...

Also, no one has posted in this forum that their Q60 crashed all by itself. One of our members is a sales rep that handled my purchase in Dec. 2016. He later bought his own 2018 model. Houston is a fairly large city so I'm fairly certain that he's heard it all and would not have spent his money on an unsafe vehicle.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey Bro, sorry to hear that u having issues with ur new ride, for the record I have 17 RS AWD and even with oem run flats I did not feel that car was unstable at all I gun it to 150 mph on the highway. I have change tires and rims to Hankook tires with TSW rims (lighter) and the car feel the same to me and I did not get a wheel alignment. Maybe it's a suspension component like stabilizer bar been bent or broken or control arms.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Bro, sorry to hear that u having issues with ur new ride, for the record I have 17 RS AWD and even with oem run flats I did not feel that car was unstable at all I gun it to 150 mph on the highway. I have change tires and rims to Hankook tires with TSW rims (lighter) and the car feel the same to me and I did not get a wheel alignment. Maybe it's a suspension component like stabilizer bar been bent or broken or control arms.

Car came back from dealer and they did full inspection and “nothing is wrong with the car” apparently.

I’m a bit bummed to hear you say you didn’t experience this because I was hopping this was the issue. Some other people were mentioning the tires as the issue on another thread so ya...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2018 Q60 AWD and one of the first things I noticed when I first drove it was how the car would almost violently get pulled to the sides. It was 100% the run flats, once I got new wheels and tires, the car never did it ever again and it felt stable to drive. Not sure if you’re experiencing the same thing...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 2018 Q60 AWD and one of the first things I noticed when I first drove it was how the car would almost violently get pulled to the sides. It was 100% the run flats, once I got new wheels and tires, the car never did it ever again and it felt stable to drive. Not sure if you’re experiencing the same thing...

Oh my f***** god.

Im experiencing the EXACT same thing.
Car violently swirl left and right on the highway whenever it enters the smallest road indentation. My other 2 cars on the same road doesn’t do it so there is definitely something wrong.

Dealer says nothing is wrong.
Car is leased so I’m stuck and don’t know what to do.
It gives me hope to hear you say that because maybe it’s that simple. (I started to doubt because on another thread someone said he was running run flats on his Q60 and doesn’t have this issue).

Now, if wondering if I need to be out of pocket for new tires or if INFINITI should take the bullet and make my car safe to drive since I’m just leasing and it’s a freaking safety issue!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts