Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow members this forum has been great and very useful I appreciate all the moderators..but unfortunately it’s time to move on from infiniti..I loved my g35 g37xs and Q60rs and other than the vr30 all cars driven from new to over 100k miles. I wanna believe I just had bad luck with my vr30 as it was a 2017 model but on to new things. Q60 was totaled and because of the used car market insurance gave me more than I thought $7k over value so I went to bmw..we see how this goes I won’t leave the dark side of infiniti and be a traitor to become a bmw fanboy just wanted something new and different
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Communication Device Gadget Gesture Finger Handwriting

Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2018, Q60 LUXE twin turbo
376 Posts
wow they totaled the car because of the quarter panel. With a lil time and work that could have been fixed from the pictures.. Any sub frame damage? Con grates on the new ride bro..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats on the beemer, i dont get the total out over the quarter panel. Mine had the quarter panel replaced and it was like 2k. ******* threw a beer bottle at my car as i passed him doing 10 in a 30.

Oh actually on second look your unibody was crumpled so that makes sense to total it.

I bet some dealer will buy it and cover it up and wash the title.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
I always asked this question, when someone gets a M4, why not get a used R35
Could be that a similarly priced one at least here would be out of warranty with much higher miles on it. Out of warranty GTRs are freaking expensive to maintain if extraordinary service or maintenance is required.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could be that a similarly priced one at least here would be out of warranty with much higher miles on it. Out of warranty GTRs are freaking expensive to maintain if extraordinary service or maintenance is required.
2018 BMW M Models M4 Competition Pricing and Spec Configurations. Interested in a BMW M Models?
You could expect to pay $95,900 – 121,220 based on third party pricing data.

There is little differences in the price

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
2018 BMW M Models M4 Competition Pricing and Spec Configurations. Interested in a BMW M Models?
You could expect to pay $95,900 – 121,220 based on third party pricing data.

There is little differences in the price
That's a Competition spec (and I think brand new MSRP). The regular spec is like $60k USD used here. The most expensive 2018 M4 I could find on KBB here was like $72k USD. Still not even close to a newer used GTR price (i.e 2018+).

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
You gots to go all in !!!
Looks like even a Comp package M4 coupe can be had for much lower monies than a comparable MY GTR

The closest GTR I could find was a 2016 with a rebuilt title. 2018MY GTRs were in the mid 6 figure territory easily. The GTR is a fun car to own and drive but not worth the price they've been asking for it for a long long time imho.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks like even a Comp package M4 coupe can be had for much lower monies than a comparable MY GTR

The closest GTR I could find was a 2016 with a rebuilt title. 2018MY GTRs were in the mid 6 figure territory easily. The GTR is a fun car to own and drive but not worth the price they've been asking for it for a long long time imho.
There are a few R35’s under 100K
And from 16-18 years too
Warranty can’t be the Major factor in buying a M4 !!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Car was totaled because side airbags was deployed there was structural damage and one of the oem modules was $6k I forget which one
I got the M4 because of this Ed car market insurance gave me what I paid for the car 3yrs ago and I wanted a M4 at the time but couldn’t afford it…GTRs are cool but the only reason I would get one is if I plan to go full send with 1400+Hp and make it a track car and I dnt see the purpose of those being in the road with Mickey Thompsons riding around town like look at me I’m so cool plus the pricing is ridiculous for a 2015-2018 gtr and miles and I kno dealers prices are because of the market and hype behind the car kuz people are paying there prices so it woulda been hard to even negotiate a used one…I paid $48k for a 2018 M4 with 18xxx miles on it still under warranty…I used half the insurance check as a down payment and the other half to make 18payments so my next car payments isn’t due til end of 2023 this made more sense economically than the gtr plus I’m 34 and been married for 12 yrs and know my wife is gonna drive the car some days so I had to consider that also
Product Rectangle Font Handwriting Material property

·
Registered
60 Posts
wow....amazing they totaled your Q60...but your explanation makes sense. It's a shame an expensive car like this would have to be totalled with damage that doesnt look that bad. I guess they really dont make them like they used too. oh well, the M4 looks great, be prepared for high maintenance ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts