Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I picked up a 2017 Q60 Red Sport 400. Pure White/Monaco Red Semi-aniline Leather Interior / Silver Optic Fiber. Can't wait until I hit 1,200 miles. >:)

It's been raining the last two days so no pics yet.

Reactions: Administrator

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice welcome to the forums and congratulations. How are you liking it so far??
Thanks.

It's pretty cool. Ride is a little firm on Standard setting (yeah, I know it's a sports car and I usually prefer the suspension to be a little stiff). Wish it had a setting for a softer ride for the times you just want to cruise.

If you have the sound system low or off, the road noise is noticeable.

Checked TireRack.com for tire options once the OEM Bridgestones are worn. The only run flats they had were a single model of Dunlops. Hope more options become available as more Q60s hit the road.

Even though the wheelbase is longer than a 2016 Altima, the storage space in the console and glove box is comparatively pretty small.

Wish it had a boost gauge just to see what the turbos are doing.

Visibility is pretty good. Not really any bad blind spots. If you're tall, sometimes the large Homelink review mirror blocks your forward view in right hand turns. The mirror doesn't have double articulation so you can't push it closer to the headliner.

The rear view camera is kind of exposed, so when it's raining there are usually drops stuck on the lens which is kind of annoying.

Steering and handling is pretty sweet.

Mind blowing amount of settings between the gauges, performance modes, audio, and navigation.

Seating is nice, though I've not climbed in the back :)

Break in is 1,200 miles, 4000 RPM limit, and no full throttle. It's going to be a long 1200 miles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Break in is 1,200 miles, 4000 RPM limit, and no full throttle. It's going to be a long 1200 miles.
Where did you get this? They definitely didn't say anything about such a limit to me **** on my old 2014 with the old engine they told me there wasn't really any sort of break in period at all, **** I went full throttle on the test drives.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Where did you get this? They definitely didn't say anything about such a limit to me **** on my old 2014 with the old engine they told me there wasn't really any sort of break in period at all, **** I went full throttle on the test drives.
Owner's Manual P.5-125 and I quote.

Caution!

During the first 1,200 miles follow these recommendations to obtain maximum engine performance and ensure the future reliability and economy of your new vehicle. Failure to follow these recommendations may result in shortened engine life and reduced engine performance.

-Avoid driving for long periods at constant speed, either fast or slow. Do not run the engine over 4,000 rpm.
-Do not accelerate at full throttle in any gear.
-Avoid quick starts.
-Avoid hard braking as much as possible.

-End-

Also, as part of normal starting it's recommended the engine run for at least 30 seconds after starting and to drive at a moderate speed for a short distance first, especially in cold weather.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Didn't think about water drops getting stuck onto the camera lens, but there's not much you can do about it unless someone makes a really tiny cowl to block the rain.

welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't think about water drops getting stuck onto the camera lens, but there's not much you can do about it unless someone makes a really tiny cowl to block the rain.

welcome to the forum!
I wonder if Rain‑X would help. They make one product for glass and another for plastic. Any idea what that lens is made of?

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I wonder if Rain‑X would help. They make one product for glass and another for plastic. Any idea what that lens is made of?
I'm personally not a fan of the rainx washer fluids and such (see below). Not sure about their other chemical. Their wiper blades seemed to need replacing quite often as well

The washer fluids have this bead technology or some crap and honestly, it scares me half to death because I can barely see out of the windshield when it's dark outside and raining. It gets even worse when there's oncoming traffic as the beading tech causes a massive glare. Both times, I've used it on 2 different cars, I've had to say my prayers to every deity when driving in inclement conditions. Never went through a tank of washer fluid that quickly in my life.

TL;DR - RainX windshield washer fluid is the devil along with any washer fluid with water beading tech.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm personally not a fan of the rainx washer fluids and such (see below). Not sure about their other chemical. Their wiper blades seemed to need replacing quite often as well

The washer fluids have this bead technology or some crap and honestly, it scares me half to death because I can barely see out of the windshield when it's dark outside and raining. It gets even worse when there's oncoming traffic as the beading tech causes a massive glare. Both times, I've used it on 2 different cars, I've had to say my prayers to every deity when driving in inclement conditions. Never went through a tank of washer fluid that quickly in my life.

TL;DR - RainX windshield washer fluid is the devil along with any washer fluid with water beading tech.
I've never used their stuff so I don't know if it would keep the camera lens clear or not. A few rain drops stuck to the camera really distort the image, especially at night.

·
Registered
591 Posts
If the beading tech causes a massive glare on the windshield, then I assume the same would apply to the camera lens and the headlights of the car behind you. Wish infiniti thought to make it a self-cleaning rear camera.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the beading tech causes a massive glare on the windshield, then I assume the same would apply to the camera lens and the headlights of the car behind you. Wish infiniti thought to make it a self-cleaning rear camera.
Yeah, or position it someplace where it's protected.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks.

It's pretty cool. Ride is a little firm on Standard setting (yeah, I know it's a sports car and I usually prefer the suspension to be a little stiff). Wish it had a setting for a softer ride for the times you just want to cruise.

If you have the sound system low or off, the road noise is noticeable.

Checked TireRack.com for tire options once the OEM Bridgestones are worn. The only run flats they had were a single model of Dunlops. Hope more options become available as more Q60s hit the road.

Even though the wheelbase is longer than a 2016 Altima, the storage space in the console and glove box is comparatively pretty small.

Wish it had a boost gauge just to see what the turbos are doing.

Visibility is pretty good. Not really any bad blind spots. If you're tall, sometimes the large Homelink review mirror blocks your forward view in right hand turns. The mirror doesn't have double articulation so you can't push it closer to the headliner.

The rear view camera is kind of exposed, so when it's raining there are usually drops stuck on the lens which is kind of annoying.

Steering and handling is pretty sweet.

Mind blowing amount of settings between the gauges, performance modes, audio, and navigation.

Seating is nice, though I've not climbed in the back :)

Why don't you look for non run-flat tires ?? Lighter weight, smoother to ride on ? For the road noise, it's gonna be there, you could try installing some dynamat on the floors and what not but not many people really wanna tear a brand new car down lol. As far as the boost gauge goes, you can always try to put one in yourself maybe ?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why don't you look for non run-flat tires ??
Yeah, I was misinformed that run-flats were OEM, since they are not they are definitely out. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

First pic

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice! What percent tint do you have and where did you get it done?
Southwest Infiniti and up to the legal limit which was 35% I believe. They can go darker but they won't apply the certification sticker.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congratulations on the new ride and a Red Sport no less WOW!!!

I'm so undecided between White and the Blue but seeing yours I'm now leaning towards White haaaa!!??

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
I like the Hagane Blue. The Iridium Blue seems to show dust and dirt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts