Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my "radar-red" RS 400 about a week ago, and even though I haven't had much time to drive it (had to "polish" it first, of course, and buy/add WeatherShield mats). I am quite happy with the new ride so far.

A step up technology-wise & and a "power-down" from my 2012 CTS V. :D

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to your impressions and wonder how you'll feel about the step down power wise.

I know I'd miss that good ol' v8 burble and supercharger whine :).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the greetings, etc.

testrage, I gotta admit that the Caddy's supercharger left NOTHIN' in it's wake. Oooh La La for the amazing response and smooth tranny. Nothing, stood in the way of the "V"! For a big sedan, it handled itself quite well for a heavy car, but the RS400 feels more athletic, as I feel a coupe should be (I have only owned two sedans in me life). Good to be back in a coupe. Only have slightly over 200 miles on the RS, so haven't had much of a chance to play. The feeling from the turbos kicking in is quite different, but the car does love to "scoot". So far, much fun, ....an entirely different driving experience.

I will miss the "invisibility" of the Black Diamond Tri-Coat V sadly. La Policia didn't seem to pay it any mind at all. A variety (different locations) of Border Checkpoint guys quipped that they wanted to "drive it for a day, or two, or...". The only thing that might slow down the Beast of the Road are Stop Strips. (Never, got a warning or ticket in the Caddy).

Unfortunately, I have traded in the seemingly-invisible 'Wolf in Sheep's Clothing' for Red Cop Bait. We shall see what this Spicy Little Number attracts. I have already gotten a number of compliments from strangers on the RS. One person flagged me down in a parking lot to say how stunning the car is. Pretty good compliment for Infiniti?

Hopefully, here is a pic from a road "above our hacienda:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts