Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to see lots of reviews on the forum. I'm sure I will be able to get a better perspective of the car before I go ahead and make a decision. Hope that in time I have advice to add into the community here too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Newbie To Forum

I just joined the forum, and I'm totally hyped about the Q60 RS400 I have coming my way. Fell in love with the concept version. Was glad to see prod version near the same. I'm in Dallas & my sales mgr says arrival probably late December 2016, maybe early Jan 2017. I ordered RWD Majestic White, Monaco Red Interior, Prem + Pkg, Driver Asst Pkg, DAS, Tech Pkg, Silver Optic Fiber Trim, & All-weather mats/trunk. Infiniti Mktg told me this week that the RWD comes with conventional Bridgestone tires (AWD has Dunlop run flat); also said the car will not have a spare or jack/tools. The spare & jack/tools are still in development & will be available in Dec 2016 as a dealer option.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just joined the forum, and I'm totally hyped about the Q60 RS400 I have coming my way. Fell in love with the concept version. Was glad to see prod version near the same. I'm in Dallas & my sales mgr says arrival probably late December 2016, maybe early Jan 2017. I ordered RWD Majestic White, Monaco Red Interior, Prem + Pkg, Driver Asst Pkg, DAS, Tech Pkg, Silver Optic Fiber Trim, & All-weather mats/trunk. Infiniti Mktg told me this week that the RWD comes with conventional Bridgestone tires (AWD has Dunlop run flat); also said the car will not have a spare or jack/tools. The spare & jack/tools are still in development & will be available in Dec 2016 as a dealer option.
FYI the RWD comes with Front 19 x 9.0-inch, Rear 19 x 9.5-inchand and AWD comes with 19 x 9.0-inch all around so unfortunately can not rotate the tires on the RWD if thats something you do. if you knew this please ignore. ;)

http://www.infinitiusa.com/st/infiniti/pdf/compare/2017/Infiniti_q60-coupe.pdf#page=1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wider Rear Tires

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, i was aware; cannot rotate RWD tires due to staggered 19" rims. The optional spare is being designed to work on both front & back. AAA is trying to get the industry to abandon the current trend of eliminating spares. I've been reading about lots of consumers generally unhappy with run flats (not Q60 specifically)....lots only getting 20,000 miles, run flats cost 30% to 50% more & conventional tires ride better & better traction (particularly in cold weather). Tire Rack even said run flats get 1%-2% reduced fuel efficiency due to weight (I doubt it's that much). Buyers must realize that the RS400 isn't a practical car; I generally only drive maybe 9,000 miles a yr. I've been driving conservative for years, driving Acura Legend coupe & TL for many years & decided to have fun with it this time. My current "excellent" 2005 TL has 87,000 miles. Historically, I've done routine mtce (brake pads, transmission, cooling system & oil changes). Not sure how much I'll be able to do with RS400. Trying to get an answer now to see if jack pads will be required for RS400. If so, I'll buy a set.....never know when dealer repair may not be an option.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Run flats are definitely pretty heavy. Always hated those things to be honest. When you say routine maintenance on the transmission, does that include replacing it ? I know those things were horrendously known for that. My 2 buddies had to get both of theirs replaced around the 120km-150km range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts