Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently started to notice that when I sit at a light for a few minutes I can watch my temperature gauge begin to climb. I do also hear the fans kick on to help cool it off but sometimes it seems like even the fans don’t help too well. It’s also only around 65 degrees outside right now which makes me kind of concerned. It does go away when I start moving but when I come back to a stop it does it once again. Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem before and what your solution was. I’ve been looking at heat exhanger from AMS.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,315 Posts
I’ve recently started to notice that when I sit at a light for a few minutes I can watch my temperature gauge begin to climb. I do also hear the fans kick on to help cool it off but sometimes it seems like even the fans don’t help too well. It’s also only around 65 degrees outside right now which makes me kind of concerned. It does go away when I start moving but when I come back to a stop it does it once again. Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem before and what your solution was. I’ve been looking at heat exhanger from AMS.
Is this a new condition?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve only owned the car for 3 months now and even during the summer when it was 90 degrees out I didn’t notice the temperature spiking like it is now. So yeah I would say it’s a new condition.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,315 Posts
I’ve only owned the car for 3 months now and even during the summer when it was 90 degrees out I didn’t notice the temperature spiking like it is now. So yeah I would say it’s a new condition.
Are you the original owner? Have you checked the coolant level per the owner's manual?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,315 Posts
I am not the original owner, and the owners manual was not in the car when I purchased it.
Infiniti has the owner's manuals online too. There's even a sticky on this forum

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wonder if the previous owner or selling dealer did a coolant swap and forgot to bleed the air out of the lines? What is the mileage on the car? Not sure I'd risk driving it if it keeps spiking especially above the middle of the gauge. Might be worth a tow to your local Infiniti service dept. to see if they can find a leak, sticky thermostat or if there is simply air in the lines.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I would ask your local Infiniti dealer to pull the service records to see if any coolant service was done previously. As mentioned, it could be air in the system (radiator), which could lead to the condition you observed.

Reactions: Omenx
1 - 8 of 8 Posts