Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a bit and finally took the plunge to sign up for the site!

Seriously considering switching over to a Q60 RS from my 370Z, to be honest I'd probably do it right now if I had more equity in my trade in. Started preliminary talks with my local dealer and they're not willing to budge down from MSRP hardly any, so it's looking like I won't be getting a Q60 until I can pay down my current car some. :( Hopefully I can get a good deal on a '17 in a couple months, if not I'm fine waiting for the incentives to hit on the '18 next year.

Anyone had any experience going from a 370Z to a Q60? How's handling/MPG/feel going from one to the other?

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Welcome to the forum. No experience going from a 370Z to a Q60 but hit up Broxx on the forum. If I remember correctly, he had a really nice looking 370Z before he switched to the dark side :D

I'd say it's good that you're planning to hold out a little while since this seems to have become a new Japanese sports car renaissance period what with Honda releasing the NSX, a baby NSX supposedly in the works, Toyota coming out with the LF-LC, the new supra and talk of Nissan coming out with a new Z (with the 3.0TT) & the Black Sport Q60.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You should definitely be able to get a better deal once the 2018 comes out and it is just a carry over, so you won't miss anything getting the 2017.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! I have had four Z cars over the years and went from a 2009 370Z Touring/Sport that I purchased new to the Q60. I have the RS400 AWD model. I would say the ride is just as firm ...if not firmer...with the Q60. That is a common complaint about the Q on this forum. My Q gives about 30 mpg on strictly interstate driving, and averages just over 28 with a bit of local driving mixed in. Since I have the AWD version , the handling is a bit different than the Z. However, I imagine it is very similar with the RWD model. My advice, sell the Z outright, the dealer will never give you what it is worth. Also I bought the 370Z after the next model year was available and did a search for 'leftover' Z's on autotrader and cars.com. You will be surprised how many leftover Q's will be close enough to consider. They will deal on those and depending on what model you want the discount might be significant. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. No experience going from a 370Z to a Q60 but hit up Broxx on the forum. If I remember correctly, he had a really nice looking 370Z before he switched to the dark side :D

I'd say it's good that you're planning to hold out a little while since this seems to have become a new Japanese sports car renaissance period what with Honda releasing the NSX, a baby NSX supposedly in the works, Toyota coming out with the LF-LC, the new supra and talk of Nissan coming out with a new Z (with the 3.0TT) & the Black Sport Q60.
Yeah from the ones you mentioned I'd probably most be interested in the Supra or new Z, but from what I had been hearing the new Z might go on hiatus for a couple years and come back redesigned; I guess we'll know for sure at this year's Tokyo Auto Show where they are SUPPOSEDLY releasing a concept of it but I'm not holding my breath. Another factor to consider is the future and possibly having kids down the line, so I think a coupe of this size is a good compromise between looks and practicality.

Welcome to the forum! You should definitely be able to get a better deal once the 2018 comes out and it is just a carry over, so you won't miss anything getting the 2017.
Thanks! Yeah I think that will be the case, maybe around October or November I'm thinking? I want to say the only big change to 2018 is 20" wheels...

Welcome to the forum!! I have had four Z cars over the years and went from a 2009 370Z Touring/Sport that I purchased new to the Q60. I have the RS400 AWD model. I would say the ride is just as firm ...if not firmer...with the Q60. That is a common complaint about the Q on this forum. My Q gives about 30 mpg on strictly interstate driving, and averages just over 28 with a bit of local driving mixed in. Since I have the AWD version , the handling is a bit different than the Z. However, I imagine it is very similar with the RWD model. My advice, sell the Z outright, the dealer will never give you what it is worth. Also I bought the 370Z after the next model year was available and did a search for 'leftover' Z's on autotrader and cars.com. You will be surprised how many leftover Q's will be close enough to consider. They will deal on those and depending on what model you want the discount might be significant. Good luck!
Appreciate the info! Hmm the ride is certainly something to consider, that's one of the complaints my girlfriend has right now with my 370 -- too firm of a ride and lots of road noise. I think if I can at least cut it down some on both fronts she'll be a happy camper. And that's pretty good gas mileage, I'm lucky to get 21 or 22 out of a tank of gas right now. Living in the south I'll probably go with the RWD so that should feel similar to what I'm driving right now, and I'll keep an eye out on their stock! I want to say they've had the same white Red Sport on the lot for at least a couple months (according to their site), so not like they're moving these at a high rate. And yeah whenever I was ready to get something new I was going to get a quote from Carmax and show them once they try to lowball me on the trade in value.

·
Registered
45 Posts
went from a 2014 370z sport touring to the q60 rs400 awd

q60 more compliant on the road, 370z was 100% more stiff.
driving in my Z i would always look at the road avoid all the potholes and divots and brace my neck for impact
the q60, not that bad at all, the first week or two i got the q60 i was bracing so hard for unavoidable holes but after going over them it wasnt so bad at all.

i felt more confident in the Z for handling, felt precise and in control.
the Q not too much confidence yet, the steering is a lot more loose not as precise. you get used to it however.

power on the q is so much better than the z. not even a comparison.

interior, the q is so much better as well, not really a comparison.

I might have preferred the Z seats but i dont remember anymore, the Q has really obliterated any love i had for my Z, no regrets whatsoever.

·
Registered
189 Posts
joshx9....just curious, do you have the DAS steering? I am not a real wide body but I found the 370Z seats a bit too narrow. The Q seats are so much more comfortable. I agree that the power and interior are much better with the Q too.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Started preliminary talks with my local dealer and they're not willing to budge down from MSRP hardly any, so it's looking like I won't be getting a Q60 until I can pay down my current car some.
there's no reason why you won't be able to be a chunk of MSRP on a 2017. Inventory will be tough, but don't pay sticker. I got around 11% off a month ago. different dealer and state and all that, but still....

·
Registered
45 Posts
joshx9....just curious, do you have the DAS steering? I am not a real wide body but I found the 370Z seats a bit too narrow. The Q seats are so much more comfortable. I agree that the power and interior are much better with the Q too.
nope, no DAS for me

370z seats were perfect for me, was snug the Q seats have a lot more cushion thats for sure

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok, since we have the same steering, I agree that the Q feel is less precise and there is a need to make corrections compared to the 370Z.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
went from a 2014 370z sport touring to the q60 rs400 awd

q60 more compliant on the road, 370z was 100% more stiff.
driving in my Z i would always look at the road avoid all the potholes and divots and brace my neck for impact
the q60, not that bad at all, the first week or two i got the q60 i was bracing so hard for unavoidable holes but after going over them it wasnt so bad at all.

i felt more confident in the Z for handling, felt precise and in control.
the Q not too much confidence yet, the steering is a lot more loose not as precise. you get used to it however.

power on the q is so much better than the z. not even a comparison.

interior, the q is so much better as well, not really a comparison.

I might have preferred the Z seats but i dont remember anymore, the Q has really obliterated any love i had for my Z, no regrets whatsoever.
"Brace my neck for impact" hahaha I know the feeling. That's what I figured, only true test will be going in and test driving one; it won't have DAS that's for sure though. I actually have sat in a Q60 recently and preferred the seats, but that may be because I'm a slim guy so the side bolsters didn't bother me at all...didn't check for blind spots but I'm pretty sure anything is better than the massive one on the 370.

·
Registered
327 Posts
For the handling, you could always do some suspension modifications to make it a bit more responsive with less body roll and what not to push more confidence in the driver?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I traded in my 2012 370z on a Q60RS about 3 months ago. Man did I love my 370 but the Q is much nicer in most categories. The Q has more power (I added the cold air intake and I love the sound of the intake and turbos, it even gives the engine a deeper sound), it's a much smoother ride, has more room, I think it looks better inside and out, sunroof!, and the big one for me is how much quieter it is while driving. I also think it is more mature looking of a car but that's just me. (Hides under desk)
The 370z, to me, felt more fun to drive, better handling, more fun the zip through traffic etc. but was so loud inside it was hard to have a conversation while driving.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I traded in my 2012 370z on a Q60RS about 3 months ago. Man did I love my 370 but the Q is much nicer in most categories. The Q has more power (I added the cold air intake and I love the sound of the intake and turbos, it even gives the engine a deeper sound), it's a much smoother ride, has more room, I think it looks better inside and out, sunroof!, and the big one for me is how much quieter it is while driving. I also think it is more mature looking of a car but that's just me. (Hides under desk)
The 370z, to me, felt more fun to drive, better handling, more fun the zip through traffic etc. but was so loud inside it was hard to have a conversation while driving.
Easy to see why a lot of what you mentioned is the way it is, 370z is due for a refresh and that should result in something equally as good in proportion to where Z-cars stand compared to the Q-coupes.
Apparently this time around it could get much more exciting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Prior to getting a '14 Q60 I had always wanted a 370Z from back when they were 350Z's but by the time my old car died I had a good enough job that I could afford to "upgrade" a bit.

It's somewhat convenient to think of the Q60 as the "grown up" Z, same engine but with a higher grade of fit and finish, better stereo, leather, more sound dampening in a bit heavier frame and that's a pretty good way to think about it. The Q60 is quite a bit heavier than the Z, though the red sport has about the same HP to weight ratio as the Z does with the old 3.7L engine and quite a bit more torque. In the end the Z is your standard lighter, sportier 2 seater coupe and the Q60 is your heavier, more luxurious touring coupe.

But really the Q60 isn't the upgraded Z it's the upgraded Altima coupe. Compare an Altima Coupe to an old G37 side by side and you can see they're fundamentally the same car. Same frame and wheel base same contours just the G37 has different paneling, and upgraded, well, pretty much everything but maybe ignition buttom, those seem to be the same across the nissan line.

But still trading in a Z for a Q60 is still the equivalent of trading in your pull ups for big boy pants.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Here's a little news...joshx9.... I waited until the 5K mile mark to have the oil changed and the tires rotated today. At any rate, as mentioned previously the Q steering did not seem to be spot on and always was in need of a little correction to keep things headed in the right direction. Not a whole lot mind you, but just enough to be a bit of a bother. Today's tire rotation fixed all of that! They were not even re-balanced, just rotated. I suspect one of those lovely Run Flats that are so famous is not quite right. Whether that is the balance or it is slightly out of round...who knows...the rotation fixed it. It now tracks straight and true , and I don't feel the need to constantly baby sit the wheel. Maybe you should see if rotating the tires would help your situation if you have not already done so. :)

Reactions: Coahman
1 - 16 of 16 Posts