Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my mechanic install front and rear sway bars with the SPL adjustable end links. Performance has been great but a couple of weeks after the install they have become noisy in the rear. I am guessing it is the same issue being discussed here:

Has anyone with a Q50/Q60 dealt with this and figured out the fix? My mechanic is good but not all too experienced with aftermarket parts. I can always drive to a more performance oriented shop but I would rather work with my mechanic.

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had my mechanic install front and rear sway bars with the SPL adjustable end links. Performance has been great but a couple of weeks after the install they have become noisy in the rear. I am guessing it is the same issue being discussed here:

Has anyone with a Q50/Q60 dealt with this and figured out the fix? My mechanic is good but not all too experienced with aftermarket parts. I can always drive to a more performance oriented shop but I would rather work with my mechanic.

Thanks!
You are unfortunately going to have to deal with the clunking. And popping. That’s the name of the game. Metal on metal. I remember I had aftermarket SPL endlinks on my 350Z. And they were off after 200 miles. I couldn’t deal with it

·
Registered
984 Posts
I had my mechanic install front and rear sway bars with the SPL adjustable end links. Performance has been great but a couple of weeks after the install they have become noisy in the rear.

Thanks!
1) Make sure the mechanic used the included grease to lube the bar/mounting blocks, and I also hit the Zerks with some grease from a mini grease gun.

2) The end links must be installed with the suspension loaded. When I installed my Hotchkis RSB, I jacked-up the car and then slid Rhino Ramps underneath the rear wheels, and then lowered the jack, so that the rear tires were sitting on the ramps. I then adjusted the turnbuckles on the SPL Adj links so that the rod ends would slip through the control arm and RSB through-hole. It's important that the sway bar is neutral (not loaded) and the spherical bearings in the end links are straight when installed. Otherwise, if the bar is NOT neutral with weight-on-wheels, I could believe the links could pop when further loaded in turns, or when the suspension goes through its range of motion while driving.

I have no noise issues with my FRT & RR Hotchkis SBs and SPL Endlinks.

Reactions: JonnyB and Alto101
1 - 3 of 3 Posts