Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Did You Pay For Your Q60?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
First half was covered by my G37 coupe trade-in + down payment.

Second half was with a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Leased. I'm a finance guy and to me, it's better to lease a depreciating asset and own an appreciating asset, so therefore I lease the Q60RS and the Jaguar F Type R convertible that I have.

I also like to get new toys every few years.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
170 Posts
I leased mine. I like changing my vehicles every 3 years. Who knows what new features they'll have in 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Leased, I guess I started the poll ball running.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cash, I like to own what I drive.

Not a bad idea if you plan on holding on to the vehicle for a decade... Cuz you can mod it a million times and not deal with any BS.

I personally don't like being stuck with assets that depreciate at an accelerated rate. So I'll see how things go at lease end... Lol

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Not a bad idea if you plan on holding on to the vehicle for a decade... Cuz you can mod it a million times and not deal with any BS.

I personally don't like being stuck with assets that depreciate at an accelerated rate. So I'll see how things go at lease end... Lol

My other two cars: 2006 FX45 and a 1988 MR2 SC so, I guess I do keep a car a long time. lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Leased. I'm a finance guy and to me, it's better to lease a depreciating asset and own an appreciating asset, so therefore I lease the Q60RS and the Jaguar F Type R convertible that I have.

I also like to get new toys every few years.
Plus, Infiniti owns all the risk of depreciation this way. Risk mitigation is, to me, the best real argument for leasing vs. purchase on a new vehicle. I watched my boss total his 2014 Q50 when it was 6 months old. He came out a whole lot better than he would have, had he owned that vehicle.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Looks like it is me against the world.

I know all the arguments for leasing vs purchasing a car, but for me: "I like to own my car". I grew up very poor and have worked hard and have done very well for myself. My life experiences are such that I get pleasure buying a new car every 10 years or whenever, over leasing one every 3 years. It is the satisfaction in working hard and being able to buy a car that I want to "own". This is me.... for someone else this may not be the case. It goes beyond depreciation, risk or any other consideration. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts

I know all the arguments for leasing vs purchasing a car, but for me: "I like to own my car". I grew up very poor and have worked hard and have done very well for myself. My life experiences are such that I get pleasure buying a new car every 10 years or whenever, over leasing one every 3 years. It is the satisfaction in working hard and being able to buy a car that I want to "own". This is me.... for someone else this may not be the case. It goes beyond depreciation, risk or any other consideration. :)
Hey man, everyone is different. Prior to this car I owned a 97 corrola, 05 corrola, then a 2010 G37X. It's also still very early on for all the purchasers to show up. I know a lot of people I know who buy their cars wait about 2-3 years when some lease returns start popping up.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Hey man, everyone is different. Prior to this car I owned a 97 corrola, 05 corrola, then a 2010 G37X. It's also still very early on for all the purchasers to show up. I know a lot of people I know who buy their cars wait about 2-3 years when some lease returns start popping up.
Wow... I know I am most likely older then most everyone on this site and all I was saying was that is, in my life experiences I like to buy my cars and I think I did say everyone is different and has different reasons on how they acquire a car. Also I think Hey man is a little rude.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I'll help out. Paid cash mostly for mine, with a little from a trade-in and an IFS loan for the remaining 35%. I plan to keep this car a while. I've had a few leases from when I worked for NNA and the deals were too good to pass up or purchase but I prefer to buy my cars. Just my preference.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
359 Posts
I purchased (financed with 10% down) because I plan to keep mine for 5-6 years before I trade it in for something newer, and I tend to put lots of miles on my cars.

Plus, Infiniti owns all the risk of depreciation this way. Risk mitigation is, to me, the best real argument for leasing vs. purchase on a new vehicle. I watched my boss total his 2014 Q50 when it was 6 months old. He came out a whole lot better than he would have, had he owned that vehicle.
That's what insurance is for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I dont like paperwork and value my life being the most convenient possible. I have the resources to avoid paper and live that convenience. If your car is effecting your portfolio to that level you should own a cheaper car cause if your pointing out a financial benefit to a q60 i counter with the $1500 tercel. I have owned every car i have had and will continue to do so just so i dont have to answer to anyone. oh i also change cars every 2-3 years. I started in financing so im well versed in the concepts you speak of. Probably applies more to a bigger depreciating asset lol :) just my oppinion. I looked at this thread and new it would be a "well i did this and im smarter thread" should have stayed away :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I financed my car along with my wife's new qx30. Traded in my q50 and my wife's Mazda CX-5 and got a deal $8k below msrp for both cars. Trades covered 35% of both cars before finance

·
Registered
125 Posts
For those leasing, are you doing any mods? I would be hesitant to do mods that might perhaps result in fees at lease end. Any issues there? Also, are you selling parts at lease end?

·
Registered
153 Posts
For those leasing, are you doing any mods? I would be hesitant to do mods that might perhaps result in fees at lease end. Any issues there? Also, are you selling parts at lease end?
Leased but have no problems with minor upgrades or mods on the car. Every car I've leased have had a tint and have had no issues at return. I've also done spoilers, wheels and exhaust. No problems with spoilers and I just swap back wheels and exhaust at lease return. My last lease was a g37 coupe which had 20% tint all around.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts