Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a new Q60 owner.

My Q60 doesn't have a driver assistance package. I really love those fancy tech but they cost too high :<
I'm not sure if shoulder check is enough for this coupe, especially when there's copilot.

How do you guys check blind spot? Should i just install a blind spot system?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Why should it be any different in this vehicle? The new technology shouldn't impact the basic safety guidelines of a car. Checking blind spots should be done even with the Blind Spot Assist, especially because small vehicles like motorcycles will not always trip the system if they're not in view of the radar. It's a nice feature to have, but no one should ever be fully reliant on it.

Check twice for motorcycles!

Reactions: MajDuty and Garnoch

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I never rely on the blind spot assistance even though I have it. Position your mirrors correctly and you won't have an issue with blind spots. You can also get those little add on blind spot mirrors if you are really concerned that your mirror setup doesn't eliminate the blind spot. Btw, if you can see your car in your side mirrors, then you should try a different mirror set up.

Folks have been driving for ages without blind spot assist packages and other gizmos like that...the tech is there to improve safety and decrease the chances of an incident occurring. But people were just fine before it :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Be glad you didn't get a Camaro.

Take heart, by the time you replace the car, I suspect BSW will be almost standard.

·
Registered
189 Posts
1. Congrats on the car and Welcome
2. What testrage said
3. What Sinecure said
4. Coming from a 370Z, the Q60 has no blind spot issues!!!

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I've got my side mirrors set where I don't have a blind spot. I've not been surprised by another vehicle yet. One reason why I bought the Q60 was because of driver visibility.

Reactions: Z74Q60

·
Registered
81 Posts
Perhaps some day everyone will adopt the blind spot camera that is typically used in the Honda vehicles, such as the Accord coupe. When you turn on the right side turn signal, the camera built into the passenger side view mirror send the video to one of the LCD screens in the dashboard. If you search the aftermarket, you can find combination surround/blind spot systems where turn signal lever directs either side view mirror camera image to the dashboard video screen. These kits really don't cost that much, but the manufacturers will charge a small fortune, if these systems are adopted. The typical backup camera usually adds $500-$1000 to the purchase price, when the parts only cost about $100.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Perhaps some day everyone will adopt the blind spot camera that is typically used in the Honda vehicles, such as the Accord coupe. When you turn on the right side turn signal, the camera built into the passenger side view mirror send the video to one of the LCD screens in the dashboard. If you search the aftermarket, you can find combination surround/blind spot systems where turn signal lever directs either side view mirror camera image to the dashboard video screen. These kits really don't cost that much, but the manufacturers will charge a small fortune, if these systems are adopted. The typical backup camera usually adds $500-$1000 to the purchase price, when the parts only cost about $100.
Had a 2014 Accord Coupe with this feature...it was awesome. I especially loved that you could switch on that camera view at any time while driving. Especially helped if someone seemed to be hovering around your passenger side quarter panel while weaving in their lane.

I would personally love to have the ability to cycle through all my camera views regardless of the speed. :D

Btw, I really like your avatar :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts