Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

How in the world do you shut off the rear a/c?

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  testrage 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2014 Q60 convertible this weekend and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to shut off the rear passenger air conditioner, which is built in like a grill, into the back of the driver and front passenger seats. It is not only blasting very loudly (which bothers me and forces me to turn up the music), but, considering most of the time it is just me in the car, I don't have a need to cool the backseat area and is causing unnecessary gas consumption. I didn't spend much time in the backseat area, just peeked to see where the sound was coming from, but did not see any sort of switch or know to shut it off. The salesman had no idea why it was blasting or how to shut it off, and I figured the manual would touch on it, but I didn't see anything like this being mentioned on the user's manual. :confused: Hoping someone else might have some insight.

#4 · (Edited)
@BeachGal , do you have the cooled seats on by any chance?
Perhaps! I do have dual climate control but I assumed it meant front passenger and driver, in the traditional "dual climate control" meaning, but maybe not. I don't see any mention of rear controls on the manual or the dash/instrument panel, though I see some models have a "rear' button, like this one: I don't know if the "heated/cooled seats" knob would control the rear passenger A/C, I assumed that it was for the backrest of the driver and front passenger seats to have heating and A/C. I will try playing around with the knobs and see if they do anything though, worth a shot.

#5 ·
Perhaps! I do have dual climate control but I assumed it meant front passenger and driver, in the traditional "dual climate control" meaning, but maybe not. I don't see any mention of rear controls on the manual or the dash/instrument panel, though I see some models have a "rear' button, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozVVfUIugT4 I don't know if the "heated/cooled seats" knob would control the rear passenger A/C, I assumed that it was for the backrest of the driver and front passenger seats to have heating and A/C. I will try playing around with the knobs and see if they do anything though, worth a shot.
Nah I meant the "heated/cooled seats" knob. I wasn't sure if it was turned to "cooling" because when it is, the element in the seats makes a whole bunch of noise (based on the Q60 convertible I rode in at least).

#6 ·
Wow, I am such a dolt, though honestly, they *COULD* have made things more user-friendly...I started twisting the knobs around, all the way to the "hot" setting, then all the way to the "cold" setting little by little, and noticed that when I had the knobs halfway between the "cold" and the "hot" temperature control, the seats would become silent, so I was able to deduce that when putting the knob halfway between the "cold" and "hot" setting, it somehow switched off the A/C. Still, would it have killed them to put an "OFF" indicator there, rather than having people go nuts over the noise of the cooling element and wonder how to shut it off? :( Not even the manual touched on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.