Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A spontaneous crack showed up on my 2018 Red Sport this summer. My insurance policy doesn't cover the replacement so I will have to foot the bill. Does anybody have any idea what I can be looking at paying for a replacement? The car does not have the advanced technology package, if that matters.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
A spontaneous crack showed up on my 2018 Red Sport this summer. My insurance policy doesn't cover the replacement so I will have to foot the bill. Does anybody have any idea what I can be looking at paying for a replacement? The car does not have the advanced technology package, if that matters.
Yes it would matter. There are different windshields based on the features your car may or may not have. I had to replace my basic windshield which cost around $1,300 if I remember correctly.

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Was that a dealership price or an independent repair shop?
It was done at the dealership, using OEM glass, by their independent installer. If you go "aftermarket" just be aware that many will not warranty against leaks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alright so I got the fully loaded one. I did it thru safelite. An independent company and told me that nationwide there’s no aftermarket one for my model. Because I had multiple camera sensors etc. my ticket was the same $1300ish after resetting the ADAS things. Lane assist and of all that good stuff. Funny thing is our cars are known for weak windshield. Mines was parked and one morning it had it. My bad luck. I know of two other q60 here in WA that had same issue within the first year of owning it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A couple of years ago my '17 Q60 RS picked up a rock on the freeway and cracked the windshield. I had Safelite fix it - they had to order it, took a day or 2. Cost about $1000 or so but my insurance covered it. Insurance didn't go up either after I filed the claim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A couple of years ago my '17 Q60 RS picked up a rock on the freeway and cracked the windshield. I had Safelite fix it - they had to order it, took a day or 2. Cost about $1000 or so but my insurance covered it. Insurance didn't go up either after I filed the claim.
Thanks for letting me know!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Follow-up: I ended up taking the car to the dealership. The total cost for an aftermarket replacement (parts + labor) was $712.02. The total cost for OEM would have been about $1250.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts