·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was right. I'm an old man here.

Guess I should have used the name, Grandpa Silverback.

However I have always loved performance cars and have had a number of them over the years so hopefully I will fit in.

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
I was right. I'm an old man here.

Guess I should have used the name, Grandpa Silverback.

However I have always loved performance cars and have had a number of them over the years so hopefully I will fit in.
Congrats! :D

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the record, I worked 37 years as an engineer for Boeing in the Puget Sound region. Retired in September of 2016.

And in case anyone is wondering I hate retirement. I spent so many years of my career going 100MPH with my hair on fire that I just find retirement boring. However as I have told my senior bride that if I had continued working I would probably would be dead by now. I worked massive numbers of hours and was on call 24/7 and got called a minimum of once a week.

However I now live in Prescott Arizona and love it here. It's been almost 4 years since I retired and it still feels like I'm on vacation. It is so nice to wake up to blue skies instead of the gray rainy skies up in the Seattle area.

Hope I don't generate too much hate mail for being retired.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I was right. I'm an old man here. Guess I should have used the name, Grandpa Silverback. However I have always loved performance cars and have had a number of them over the years so hopefully I will fit in. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Well I guess I won't ask who's retired.
Hey, Silverback, so that you won't feel too lonely here I'll keep company with you! I was blessed with an early retirement back in 2007, and yes! I'm an oldie like you who still has a preference for sporty coupes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
59 . I've been medically retired since the ripe old age of 37 . lol . I was a vested Hardwood Mechanic . Not working was easy for me since I spent from 2000 to 2013 homebound wasting from fully blown multipul system atrophy caused by acute tioxic phenol poisening . Then got better on my own after Dr. gave me 3 years to live in 05-6'ish ..I wasn't going to last 2.5 . I couldn't even drive at all for a good couple years . When the G35 came out it was enough to give me mega panic like falling off a cliff about to die feeling if punching a loaner . lol. Much better now . hehe .
Seams like you fit right in here Silverback !!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Glad to hear you proved the doctors wrong.
Thanks Silverback . It was Jim Humbles MMS that saved my life actually . Drs just left me in mass pain suffering and wishing death on myself daily . Sometimes you have to go outside the box ! If you want to see a box just type Jim Humble MMS into google then into entireweb.com and see that box .lol. Whats funny is I had to do my lawyers job too around 2009ish and win my 9.5 years case with ssi when my lawyer quit me 3 weeks before saying I couldn't win and I was dilerious and couldn't even rememebr my own address when living at same place for 18 years with an ssi tested I.Q. of 78-81. My lawyer put 30k down on a house for me. I took his 30 and turned it into 80k and bought at when home prices were lowest . How nice. Turned him into a beggar too ! Fun with cognative abilities .lol. sorry to be so off topic. I'm proud of myself ! Not bad for missing 6 years outta 12 schooling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts