Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so I’m new to the whole car scene I just purchased the Infiniti Q 60 red sport 2018 couple weeks ago it came with a still an exhaust from the previous owner which I’m thankful for but I do want to change the exhaust tips to the burnt tips how can I go about doing this is there a bolt on option or do I need to weld the burnt tips on? Here is a reference picture thank you for your time

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Ahhh, loosen the clamp bolt in Pic #1 and slide off...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts
Dude, you'd better be careful wrenching on your car if you can't figure out something this basic and simple on your own.

Reactions: Hugoagogo

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude, you'd better be careful wrenching on your car if you can't figure out something this basic and simple on your own.
Not everyone is into cars and knows how to work on them. The way to learn is by asking and everyone starts some where for ANYTHING that’s why I’m ASKING. You don’t have to try and be a know it all dick about it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just trying to help keep you from f'ing up your car. Knock yourself out (y)
If you wanted to help you’d give me advice not be condescending saying “ can’t figure out something basic and simple” it may be basic and simple to someone like YOU who dedicates their life to cars and this forum. Not to someone who knows jack **** and it’s their first time getting into the car scene. is that not the whole point of growing communities and platforms? Jeez dude

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts
If you wanted to help you’d give me advice
Here's some advice. Either have an expert work on your car, or find someone in your area with experience working on cars that's willing to show you. You rely only on the internet and you may not get the results you desire.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
Bevo’s word was straightforward. We try to help everyone to our best knowledge, but sometimes things are better in pros hands. You wouldn’t expect to stitch your own wound if a doctor walked you through all the steps. Maybe if you are an intern fresh out of medical school, you might know how but even for them, certain things you leave it to a trained doctor.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bevo’s word was straightforward. We try to help everyone to our best knowledge, but sometimes things are better in pros hands. You wouldn’t expect to stitch your own wound if a doctor walked you through all the steps. Maybe if you are an intern fresh out of medical school, you might know how but even for them, certain things you leave it to a trained doctor.
Sure some things are better to leave to a pro- but according to him being able to put an exhaust tip on a car is “simple and basic” which I didn’t know it was until the other gentleman told me you can unclamp them.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
Sure some things are better to leave to a pro- but according to him being able to put an exhaust tip on a car is “simple and basic” which I didn’t know it was until the other gentleman told me you can unclamp them.
Again, to Bevo’s mechanical aptitude it might have been simple and basic and he might have just been too straightforward but I’m sure he was concerned you might have broken things while you did that. We all here are to help and to be helped so let’s refrain from name calling. By the way, you just need a wrench, depends on the bolt size and do NOT forget to spray some PB blaster or some sort of rust penetrant. Sometimes it’s hard to get it off without loosen some of the rust on the clamp. I also wouldn’t use an impact for this either.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Again, to Bevo’s mechanical aptitude it might have been simple and basic and he might have just been too straightforward but I’m sure he was concerned you might have broken things while you did that. We all here are to help and to be helped so let’s refrain from name calling. By the way, you just need a wrench, depends on the bolt size and do NOT forget to spray some PB blaster or some sort of rust penetrant. Sometimes it’s hard to get it off without loosen some of the rust on the clamp. I also wouldn’t use an impact for this either.
That’s him assuming I would even do it myself. Never implied I would I get my mechanic or shops to do even the most basic work- so to ask a simple question and make it seem like I am stupid isn’t welcoming for people like me. You know how embarrassing it is for someone who knows jack **** about stuff and goes into communities to ask something then get told man that’s so simple don’t bother doing it if you don’t know the basics🤣

and ok thanks for your tips I’m more curious to how I get the part. I’m assuming I need to find the right size of piping?

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
That’s him assuming I would even do it myself. Never implied I would I get my mechanic or shops to do even the most basic work- so to ask a simple question and make it seem like I am stupid isn’t welcoming for people like me. You know how embarrassing it is for someone who knows jack **** about stuff and goes into communities to ask something then get told man that’s so simple don’t bother doing it if you don’t know the basics🤣

and ok thanks for your tips I’m more curious to how I get the part. I’m assuming I need to find the right size of piping?
I am pretty sure it uses 2.5” inlet for the tips, outlet is up to you, 4.5” fills pretty well, I have a 5” tip which some people think it’s too big but I like it, it fills up pretty much the whole space.
By the way, don’t go longer than like 9” total length, it would probably stick out too much past that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have you tried calling/emailing Stillen to see if they sell the burnt tips separately? I know they sell the CF ones separately.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am pretty sure it uses 2.5” inlet for the tips, outlet is up to you, 4.5” fills pretty well, I have a 5” tip which some people think it’s too big but I like it, it fills up pretty much the whole space.
By the way, don’t go longer than like 9” total length, it would probably stick out too much past that.
I see does bigger tips make the exhaust a tad bit louder or does it not change much to it? Thanks
Have you tried calling/emailing Stillen to see if they sell the burnt tips separately? I know they sell the CF ones separately.
i did no response yet. Have you seen their website? It’s so sketchy the way the products are written.. it’s almost as if some kid just mashed up a bunch of random words. Lol

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
I see does bigger tips make the exhaust a tad bit louder or does it not change much to it? Thanks

i did no response yet. Have you seen their website? It’s so sketchy the way the products are written.. it’s almost as if some kid just mashed up a bunch of random words. Lol
Ehh yes kinda. But I already had 4.5” tip that came with helmholtz axleback from Infiniti so tips were pretty decent size to start with. 5”, as far as I can find with 2.5” inlet with right length, just plain jane silver chrome color was all I could find though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts