Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So maybe this has been asked before but I haven't found it.

When my cell is connected to the car w/ bluetooth and I make a call from my phone, the bottom screen just stays on home screen, even though I am talking through the car's mic. This can be annoying when I want to hang up the phone (usually other parties don't), or when I want to use the handset by pressing the button on the car's screen. How can I get it to automatically get to the phone program on the car's bottom screen, w/o me manually doing it? Thx.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I'm pretty sure all the info for phone calls appear on the top screen.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure all the info for phone calls appear on the top screen.
It's on the bottom screen along w/ "Hang up," "Use Handset," etc. I just used the handset to make a call in my car and the top screen had the map, and the bottom screen stayed on "Home screen." I had to press "Phone" on the bottom screen to get "Hang up, Use handset..." buttons.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
It's on the bottom screen along w/ "Hang up," "Use Handset," etc. I just used the handset to make a call in my car and the top screen had the map, and the bottom screen stayed on "Home screen." I had to press "Phone" on the bottom screen to get "Hang up, Use handset..." buttons.
Woahh, your screen is flipped. That view is supposed to appear on the top screen. Can you post screenshots when you get the chance?

I'll try to get some tomorrow as well showing the top screen with the call options when in the middle of a call.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK so let me clear it up, if I get an incoming call on my cell w/ bluetooth it shows on the top screen. However, if I have an outgoing call from my cell, the top screen stays on the map, and then I manually have to hit the Phone app on the bottom screen to get some control from the dash. Why isn't that automatic?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
OK so let me clear it up, if I get an incoming call on my cell w/ bluetooth it shows on the top screen. However, if I have an outgoing call from my cell, the top screen stays on the map, and then I manually have to hit the Phone app on the bottom screen to get some control from the dash. Why isn't that automatic?
I use voice activation to make outgoing calls and it's on the top screen. Can't you hang up using the controls on the steering wheel? Which model Q60 and packages do you have?

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can get phone menus on either top, or bottom screen. It depends on how you initiate the call. But you should be able to get a phone menu to pop up on the top screen while on a call by pressing the phone button on the steering wheel. That menu will give you the options of switching to handset or hanging up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use voice activation to make outgoing calls and it's on the top screen. Can't you hang up using the controls on the steering wheel? Which model Q60 and packages do you have?
RS400 AWD, premium pkg, driver assistance pkg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can get phone menus on either top, or bottom screen. It depends on how you initiate the call. But you should be able to get a phone menu to pop up on the top screen while on a call by pressing the phone button on the steering wheel. That menu will give you the options of switching to handset or hanging up.
OK, I will hit the phone button on steering wheel next time i make an outgoing call through my phone, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
OK, I will hit the phone button on steering wheel next time i make an outgoing call through my phone, thanks.
You can also use voice activation

1 - 12 of 12 Posts