Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone will ever need this but here it is for future reference. I found it on enginepartsdiagram.com and it should work for the Q40 and the Q60.

-Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine, If your vehicle has Smart key button, press the “Start” button twice without touching the brake pedal.
-Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
-Wait for more than 3 seconds
-Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
-Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
-Now turn the key off again, wait for more than 3 seconds, and turn back on.
-Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset
Same concept but different model in this video:

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks for posting this.

From time to time a fault code will show up for whatever may be the case, with airbag being one of them, so this will help in situations like that.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw it happen to someone on another forum. They apparently hit a bump on the road but it managed to turn on their airbag light.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That wouldn't be all too surprising since it can be as simple as a wire getting disconnected, but I can only imagine that happening on an older car.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe if it becomes too much of a common issue they will do a recall but right now it's not too concerning and there's a DiY fix for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts