Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently I did a hard pull with my car, and someone behind me followed and told me that the car is leaking oil from the exhaust. In other words, the exhaust was shooting liquid while doin a hard 0-100.

I frankly can't tell if that is oil or not, my exhaust has soot and I noticed it was wet from inside but I couldn't tell if that is water due to condensation or oil.

Any hints or tips? Can the exhaust shoot water when the car is heated or it's only at the startup?

A bit scared to go to the dealership and they squeeze my pocket.

No oil or engine light.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,807 Posts
Unless it is blue smoke, when you do a "hard pull", the ECU will richen the AFR and you'll get more soot/smoke, especially if you are tuned or using a boost controller like a JB4. Many of us who are Ecutek-tuned and have aftermarket exhaust have sootier exhaust tips.

For instance, my Q60 with FI Catted DPs and CBE will leave exhaust splatter on the garage floor if I spend any time warming up the car before leaving the garage, but that's strictly a cold engine situation.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
Recently I did a hard pull with my car, and someone behind me followed and told me that the car is leaking oil from the exhaust. In other words, the exhaust was shooting liquid while doin a hard 0-100.
I'll be it wouldn't "leak" on the 2nd + pull

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to have a check + fix oil pan plug that has been over torqued. The only issue is that I am not able to remove the JB4, I have the wastegate wires connected and goddamn it's impossible to remove, spent hours trying to remove it with every tool but the place is very narrow and can't get a proper grip :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts