Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2018 q60. I just got an estimate for chrome delete. On my g37x I painted my own rims and painted my grill, etc. However on my q60 I don’t want to do anything that is not professionally done. Not that I did not do it perfectly, but because when my car got hit I only got paid for the paint I bought and not the work I did. I want to chrome delete everything except the chrome around the windows and the grill itsself (door handles, fender vents, rim around the grill, and the two chrome strips that are under the fog lights). I had a place quote me at $399. To me that seems pretty high considering I am not getting it done around the windows. Agree? Disagree? Thanks! :) <3

·
Registered
361 Posts
Every job is different but it does seem a tad high. I would research 2 other businesses that have good reviews for wrapping and get quotes from them. I paid $350 back in 2018 for windows, front lip and de-badging.

·
Registered
45 Posts
2021 Q60 Red Sport may have the chrome delete if this follows the 2021 Q50 Red Sport. Details on the 2021 Q50 on Infiniti USA site. Seeing a revised exahust mid-pipe for more powerful sound and higher final drive ratio. Performance package with exhaust and cold air intake for $1206.

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have a 2018 q60. I just got an estimate for chrome delete. On my g37x I painted my own rims and painted my grill, etc. However on my q60 I don’t want to do anything that is not professionally done. Not that I did not do it perfectly, but because when my car got hit I only got paid for the paint I bought and not the work I did. I want to chrome delete everything except the chrome around the windows and the grill itsself (door handles, fender vents, rim around the grill, and the two chrome strips that are under the fog lights). I had a place quote me at $399. To me that seems pretty high considering I am not getting it done around the windows. Agree? Disagree? Thanks! :) <3
I recently had my 2017 Q60 done for around $400 for all the chrome on the vehicle though they did add a extra $200 to blackout the mirrors for a total of $600. It was the best price that I could find, not through a lack of trying, I called over 25 shops from Sacramento up to Oregon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shops were quoting me $600 for chrome delete in northern california near sacramento, what I did instead was on eBay there was a pre cut kit vinyl kit for my q60. The window trims came out beautifully looks professionaly done and i have 0 experience. The grill however is pretty difficult. I did the grill as well, but its pretty messed up but u cant tell if ur more than 5 feet away and im fine with that lol. Id rather spend $70 total ($35 for window, 35 for grille) then spend $600 for the same job.

Grille + side Vents

Window trim + door handles

·
Registered
111 Posts
Shops were quoting me $600 for chrome delete in northern california near sacramento, what I did instead was on eBay there was a pre cut kit vinyl kit for my q60. The window trims came out beautifully looks professionaly done and i have 0 experience. The grill however is pretty difficult. I did the grill as well, but its pretty messed up but u cant tell if ur more than 5 feet away and im fine with that lol. Id rather spend $70 total ($35 for window, 35 for grille) then spend $600 for the same job.

Grille + side Vents

Window trim + door handles
I did the same thing. Looks good enough for now. I might attempt to redo the grill one day if it ever starts to come off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good friend of mine does vinyl wraps and that price sounds about right. Yes you can buy cheap kits from ebay but the quality is ****. They may look good now but once the weather hits it the material will shrink fade and peel. 3-6mo maybe, especially if youre in the south. By paying a professional youll actually get a warranty, I believe my friend offers 6yrs. Any issue thats not caused from an outside source he will stand behind and replace.

I work at a dealership and we do PPF. I just paid $350 to have just my front bumper done with an employee discount to give a similar price reference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts