Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

I am one happy camper!!! and proud new owner of Q60 RS

5K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Omenx 
#1 ·
Well, I picked up my 2017 AWD Q60 RS400 fully loaded this Saturday. Got her in sun stone red with graphite interior. Man, I love this car. She really is a head turner. There are tons of BMW and Lexus cars in my area but I havent seen one Q60 yet. Got a few compliments already. Been breaking her in carefully so haven't really pushed her too much but she is a beaut to drive. Great ride quality (after I let some air out of the run flats.. it came with ~48-50 psi in each tire and recommendation is 35), acceleration is awesome, and I even like the Bose system (playing high quality tracks off the USB sounds so much better than compressed music from XM radio). Tech package is fun.... she scolded me a few times on the drive home.. guess i got too close to the car in front of me. She's has 70 miles so only 930 miles left to break her in :DI have her scheduled for a Xpel clear bra this week...doing the lower and upper bumper, 18" up the hood, both doors, mirrors, and door cups. Then I am going to tint the windows (not sure how dark). Finally, plan on adding the welcoming lights as she didnt come with them.

My only complaint is that the car DOES NOT read incoming text messages from my samsung edge S7.. driving me nuts but I think the phone is not compatible with the car. That really surprised me as the S7 is a big selling phone. If anyone has figured out how to get the S7 and car to play nice when it comes to reading texts let me know. I paired successfully, allowed access to audio, media, and messages and everything seems toggled on correctly.

Have a great night. I cant wait to drive her to work tomorrow.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Congrats! Doesn't that red just pop in the full sun!! I know you are anxious, and maybe 1000 miles is enough, but I am pretty sure the owners manual suggests a 1200 mile break in. :) I am not sure exactly how much of the doors you are talking about covering with the film, but I have decided to take mine in again to have the door sills covered along with the rocker panels. The sills are much more prominent than average and I am sure I will scuff them up otherwise. Again enjoy!!

#13 ·
I ordered my Q60 on October 4th and it arrived February 10th so it tok 4 months. Others I have seen here in the forum have found similar delivery times. Recently I have heard that Infiniti is stopping this years production and preparing for 2018 model deliveries which will occur this late summer. They feel that they have enough cars made to accommodate most peoples desires. BTW The Dealers are not being kept up to speed on what is really happening so you need to press them and have them inquire. When I ordered mine they gave me a piece of internal paperwork showing my order. Also on this doc was the anticipated Manufacturing date (2 months out) as well as the delivery date (another 2 months out). I saw the total of 4 months and almost fell over. You see I bought a G35 Coupe from the largest East Coast Infiniti Dealer in October 2002 and it was on the first delivery truck. I had now been waiting for two years for the new Q60 to become real and then had to wait for a February delivery LOL.

My G35 Coupe was almost 14.5 years old. Freaking solid to the end and the new Q60 so far has been worth the wait...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.