Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOOOO . After a year of driving my Q for a year . Ive changed the tires to Toyo ,added forged rims and lowered with Ark springs . Now I’ve decided to do some modding . I have ordered AMS LDP and Stillen CBE ( can’t wait for it to get here ). But I’ve done some digging and some say you need a tune some say you don’t. I don’t want to get a Ecu tune yet because of my warranty but found JB4 as a option . I understand it’s a boost and not flash . But my question is will the JB4 sense my exhaust and LDP and calculate the map for me ? Or will I have to input the numbers in my self ? Will i have to re map after let’s say I add CAI in a month and then HE later ? And is the JB4 enough to tune any of these part to even start with ... someone help !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also . How come it seems like no body are running AFe intakes ? Are they not worth the money or is there a problem with them ?

·
Registered
927 Posts
SOOOO . After a year of driving my Q for a year . Ive changed the tires to Toyo ,added forged rims and lowered with Ark springs . Now I’ve decided to do some modding . I have ordered AMS LDP and Stillen CBE ( can’t wait for it to get here ). But I’ve done some digging and some say you need a tune some say you don’t.
You don't need a tune with these exhaust mods.

I don’t want to get a Ecu tune yet because of my warranty but found JB4 as a option . I understand it’s a boost and not flash . But my question is will the JB4 sense my exhaust and LDP and calculate the map for me ? Or will I have to input the numbers in my self ?
You choose which map to run. There are several flat boost levels (across the entire rpm range) to choose from, and one "user-defined" map which allows you to adjust boost at 500 rpm increments. When I had the JB4, I used Map 6, which was "user-defined" and picked a tapered boost profile, with little to no boost addition at the low rpms nor above 6k rpms, based on the efficiency curve of these Garrett Turbos, which boost best in the midrange of the rpm scale.

Will i have to re map after let’s say I add CAI in a month and then HE later?
No, no re-map needed, either for the CAI or the HE.

And is the JB4 enough to tune any of these part to even start with ... someone help!
Yes, but you'll get more performance with the LDPs & CBE. If you attempt to make boost without reducing backpressure, you'll create more heat than power.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't need a tune with these exhaust mods.

You choose which map to run. There are several flat boost levels (across the entire rpm range) to choose from, and one "user-defined" map which allows you to adjust boost at 500 rpm increments. When I had the JB4, I used Map 6, which was "user-defined" and picked a tapered boost profile, with little to no boost addition at the low rpms nor above 6k rpms, based on the efficiency curve of these Garrett Turbos, which boost best in the midrange of the rpm scale.

No, no re-map needed, either for the CAI or the HE.

Yes, but you'll get more performance with the LDPs & CBE. If you attempt to make boost without reducing backpressure, you'll create more heat than power.
I love you ...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Reactions: B.King

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a 2018 RS400 RWD. I'm running AFe Power drop in filters, FI LDP/CBE, and JB4 on Map 5. Next is Michelin Pilot Sports as my factory tires are about worn out at 19k miles. Took it for a test drive after installing the CBE and Stainless Brake lines. Can't floor it off the line(rwd life) but when I roll into the throttle the car likes to break loose under 60mph.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2018 RS400 RWD. I'm running AFe Power drop in filters, FI LDP/CBE, and JB4 on Map 5. Next is Michelin Pilot Sports as my factory tires are about worn out at 19k miles. Took it for a test drive after installing the CBE and Stainless Brake lines. Can't floor it off the line(rwd life) but when I roll into the throttle the car likes to break loose under 60mph.
Did those brake lines make a noticeable difference ? If so may I get any recommendations on which company to go with ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can't really give honest feedback yet. I've only had them on the car for a few days and have only driven around the neighborhood so far. Before I installed them the car has been sitting for a few weeks so my foot couldn't tell if the pedal was a bit firmer or not.

Most folks prob. won't notice much of a difference unless you do a lot of back to back hard braking, autox, or hit the track.

My wife got the brake lines for my bday from Z1 Motorsports.

Link for the parts below. I also used Dot4 after draining all of the old fluid out. Don't forget to bleed the inboard and outboard bleeder screws located at the top of each Akebono Caliper.

·
Registered
927 Posts
My wife got the brake lines for my bday from Z1 Motorsports. I also used Dot4 after draining all of the old fluid out. Don't forget to bleed the inboard and outboard bleeder screws located at the top of each Akebono Caliper.
I am using the same brake lines on my Red Sport. Slightly firmer pedal. I upgraded to a StopTech BBK, and when combined with the SS brake lines, I get really good feedback without ABS intervention, which is key, as I plan to do Auto-X and HPDEs next year (hopefully). The change from the Dumflats, which I wore out @ 25k miles to Michelin A/S 3+'s has also helped my stopping distance, too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't really give honest feedback yet. I've only had them on the car for a few days and have only driven around the neighborhood so far. Before I installed them the car has been sitting for a few weeks so my foot couldn't tell if the pedal was a bit firmer or not.

Most folks prob. won't notice much of a difference unless you do a lot of back to back hard braking, autox, or hit the track.

My wife got the brake lines for my bday from Z1 Motorsports.

Link for the parts below. I also used Dot4 after draining all of the old fluid out. Don't forget to bleed the inboard and outboard bleeder screws located at the top of each Akebono Caliper.
Thanks for the link man ! My AMS LDP have arrived and Stillen provided me with my tracking number which will arrive this Friday ! I’ll let you guys know how it sound because I couldn’t find a sound clip ANYWHERE that’s not tuned . What do you guys think I should get next ? I was thinking Mishimoto HE and AMS intakes . Also why is no one running Afe intakes ?

·
Super Moderator
3,029 Posts
Also why is no one running Afe intakes ?
Maybe no one has heard of them. Why don't you just go ahead and install them?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the link man ! My AMS LDP have arrived and Stillen provided me with my tracking number which will arrive this Friday ! I’ll let you guys know how it sound because I couldn’t find a sound clip ANYWHERE that’s not tuned
Stillen has a couple videos directly below the product

·
Registered
152 Posts
What do you guys think I should get next ? I was thinking Mishimoto HE and AMS intakes . Also why is no one running Afe intakes ?
I'd go with the JB4 next, then a HE, and wait on the intakes until you are ready for an ECU tune. From what I've read and seen, the OEM intakes are pretty efficient and no gains are had by going aftermarket without a tune. Some actually lose power compared to stock intakes. That's why I went with the AFe drop in filters.

Everyone seems to either run the AMS intakes, Stillen, or the BMS Intakes. AFe prices are pretty close to AMS so most folks prob. go with what they know

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'd go with the JB4 next, then a HE, and wait on the intakes until you are ready for an ECU tune. From what I've read and seen, the OEM intakes are pretty efficient and no gains are had by going aftermarket without a tune. Some actually lose power compared to stock intakes. That's why I went with the AFe drop in filters.
^This. From a hp/$ perspective, at the stage of your modding, the BT JB4 (w/Bluetooth) is the next step. You'll find out the timing gets pulled in hotter weather and/or during repeated boost attempts, so an HE is next up after that. I'd recommend the AMS HE, as I had my Infiniti dealer install it and provided me a 1-yr/12k mile warranty. There are others - Mishimoto, Burger Tuning, Frozen Boost, PLM, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Everyone seems to either run the AMS intakes, Stillen, or the BMS Intakes. AFe prices are pretty close to AMS so most folks prob. go with what they know
Thank T !After days of contemplating one what to get first I’ll prob just buy HE and the JB4 whichever I see that’s on sale . What do you think about bov ? I know it’s not needed but I like the sound it makes .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^This. From a hp/$ perspective, at the stage of your modding, the BT JB4 (w/Bluetooth) is the next step. You'll find out the timing gets pulled in hotter weather and/or during repeated boost attempts, so an HE is next up after that. I'd recommend the AMS HE, as I had my Infiniti dealer install it and provided me a 1-yr/12k mile warranty. There are others - Mishimoto, Burger Tuning, Frozen Boost, PLM, etc.
yeah AMS is what I’m most likely getting .Did the dealership instal it for free ? Idk being in Atlanta you’d think every dealer would have them but I’ve called every Infiniti dealership in a 50 mile radius asking if they sold the part and only one of the dealers knew what I was even talking about but told me that they don’t sell nor instal these parts :(

·
Registered
927 Posts
yeah AMS is what I’m most likely getting .Did the dealership instal it for free ? Idk being in Atlanta you’d think every dealer would have them but I’ve called every Infiniti dealership in a 50 mile radius asking if they sold the part and only one of the dealers knew what I was even talking about but told me that they don’t sell nor instal these parts :(
I purchased the AMS HE from Gwinnett Infiniti via Sid (@saboxerman on this forum) through his ebay store. Sid has since transferred to Gwinnett Nissan, Duluth, GA, but he can still order Infiniti OEM and Motorsport (AMS) parts. I would reach out to him for the HE, and maybe he could suggest who at the dealership level could perform the installation. Maybe Gwinnett Infiniti?

Nah, it wasn't free. My dealership charges $140/hr, and the HE install was (iirc) 4.5-5 hrs. The shop foreman performed the installation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I purchased the AMS HE from Gwinnett Infiniti via Sid (@saboxerman on this forum) through his ebay store. Sid has since transferred to Gwinnett Nissan, Duluth, GA, but he can still order Infiniti OEM and Motorsport (AMS) parts. I would reach out to him for the HE, and maybe he could suggest who at the dealership level could perform the installation. Maybe Gwinnett Infiniti?

Nah, it wasn't free. My dealership charges $140/hr, and the HE install was (iirc) 4.5-5 hrs. The shop foreman performed the installation.
**** , i literally just pressed buy on AMS HE that has the Infiniti logo on it for 680$ with shipping ... and thanks! I’ll reach out to him . Man I really appreciate everyone here who’s helped me so thank you guys ! 👍

1 - 20 of 32 Posts