Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
**** , i literally just pressed buy on AMS HE that has the Infiniti logo on it for 680$ with shipping ... and thanks!
$680 w/shipping is an excellent price for the AMS (Infiniti-branded) HE. I got mine for $629 after discounts, which was $729 sale price + 20% ($100 max) ebay discount + free shipping, back in 2017.

I will note - the only issue I had with my HE installation at the dealer was the shop foreman slightly overfilled the HE reservoir (which is better than not enough coolant, right?), so the IC Coolant was burping out the overflow. I quickly realized that, waited for the engine to cool down, and then I used a turkey baster to draw down the level to between the MIN/MAX marks. No issues since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah man when I saw it I was freaking out and couldn’t believe my eyes ! Idk they are selling ams intakes for $400 @clear lake Infiniti right now ( where I bought the HE) . I kinda Wana just skip the intakes and go for the AMS tune . Also anyone know if the tune voids warranty?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Also anyone know if the tune voids warranty?
Sooo... it depends. Let's say you have an Ecutek tune flashed on the ECM, you have Full DPs & CBE, and you have a rod knock, for example. If you take the car in, flashing the car back to stock is a given. Should you change-out the DPs before taking it in? The answer is "yes", too. Unfortunately, Infiniti is likely to view the tune and the visible mods as causes for warranty denial due to an internal wetted part failure $$$.

In another instance, if your engine has a leak coming from the water pump, having a tune and DPs will not likely cause the dealer to go sniffing around, because the presence of performance mods and the limited hit to Infiniti of the warranty claim - the warranty claim will likely get approved.

The turbos and their reputation for leaky oil seals, whether tuned or not, you may find a dealership will replace them regardless of the mod level, but that's a big IF. Again, demodding and flashing back to stock, if tuned, is your best plan to avoid warranty denial.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sooo... it depends. Let's say you have an Ecutek tune flashed on the ECM, you have Full DPs & CBE, and you have a rod knock, for example. If you take the car in, flashing the car back to stock is a given. Should you change-out the DPs before taking it in? The answer is "yes", too. Unfortunately, Infiniti is likely to view the tune and the visible mods as causes for warranty denial due to an internal wetted part failure $$$.

In another instance, if your engine has a leak coming from the water pump, having a tune and DPs will not likely cause the dealer to go sniffing around, because the presence of performance mods and the limited hit to Infiniti of the warranty claim - the warranty claim will likely get approved.

The turbos and their reputation for leaky oil seals, whether tuned or not, you may find a dealership will replace them regardless of the mod level, but that's a big IF. Again, demodding and flashing back to stock, if tuned, is your best plan to avoid warranty denial.
.. even if the lower DPs , HE and tune is by AMS ... which is partnered WITH Infiniti 😑?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
AND my SA at Nalley told me CBE are fine no matter which company it’s from . So Stillen CBE , IFINITI/ AMS HE , and an Ams down pipe WHCIH IS PARTNERING up with Infiniti is going to have issues with Infiniti ?😂 I should have just went with other parts then 🤡

·
Registered
909 Posts
.. even if the lower DPs , HE and tune is by AMS ... which is partnered WITH Infiniti 😑?
I would go by what Infiniti offers for AMS-branded hardware through their dealerships as hardware that would not violate the car warranties, which is AMS Intakes, AMS HE, AMS D/S, and the AMS HPFP.

The AMS tune is still not compliant with the Infiniti Powertrain Warranty, as I'm not aware AMS has Infiniti's "blessing" for a flash tune on their OEM ECM. Installing the AMS LDPs will violate the 8-yr Emissions Warranty.

As indicated above, Installing the AMS HE or AMS Intakes will not void the Powertrain Warranty.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yea, we have been waiting on an Infiniti approved tune from AMS for awhile but nothing has been released. Just my .02, I would not tune the ECU if you are worried about or dependent on your powertrain warranty at all

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yea, we have been waiting on an Infiniti approved tune from AMS for awhile but nothing has been released. Just my .02, I would not tune the ECU if you are worried about or dependent on your powertrain warranty at all
Thus the reason I like Seb @ SpecialtyZ... his tune is conservative. My "high boost" map is 1.3 bar, or ~19 psi. I'm really not concerned about blowing up the turbos, because then it would be a default replacement and upgrade to the Pure Turbos, although I do try to "take care" of these original revision Garrett Turbos in my early MY2017 Q60. I'm more concerned about these small instances of rod knock occurring. Aggressive tune? Poor maintenance? If it is either of those, my motor should stay in one piece, as it was "I" who broke-in the motor and "I" have performed every single oil and filter change since new, and have monitored the wear metals (Iron, Aluminum, & Copper) via oil sample analyzed each OCI by Blackstone Labs. In another month, my 4-yr/60k mile B^B warranty will expire, but at least the Powertrain warranty remains in effect for two more years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@IridiumRS400 do you have any shop recommendations in socal? I'm planning out the mods on piece mealing Fast Intentions CBE & LDP with a bluetooth JB4 or saving up for AMS package. Any thoughts on either?

Where would I even go about getting the full AMS work done out here in socal?

·
Registered
2017 Q60 Silver Sport
1 Posts
^This. From a hp/$ perspective, at the stage of your modding, the BT JB4 (w/Bluetooth) is the next step. You'll find out the timing gets pulled in hotter weather and/or during repeated boost attempts, so an HE is next up after that. I'd recommend the AMS HE, as I had my Infiniti dealer install it and provided me a 1-yr/12k mile warranty. There are others - Mishimoto, Burger Tuning, Frozen Boost, PLM, etc.
how much did the dealer charge you for install?

·
Registered
909 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts