Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 2019, AWD, non-red sport. I ordered a cat-back exhaust and lower down pipe back in March and they should finally be here in the next few weeks (hopefully!)

I got the non-resonated x-pipe with the 10" sport mufflers as well as the lower down pipe. I mainly got the downpipe for the sound, but is a tune recommended as well to prevent issues? I saw for full downpipes it's recommended so you don't get the CEL. But I really don't need to increase the power a whole lot more (not yet anyways) and would like to prioritise reliability over more power. But if a tune is recommeneded with the DP to prevent issues in the future, then I'll do it when I have it installed (maybe it wouldn't cause issues, I'm relatively new to any sort of car modification...)

Just curious what people's thoughts were. And also, how much are tunes on average? If I did end up doing one, like I said I don't want to max the boost or anything and risk causing problems, it'd probably be somewhat minor.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
No tune needed. Once I found my Iridium Blue 2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD in October 2016, I ordered the 2.5" LDPs & resonated CBE w/14" mufflers from FI almost immediately afterwards. Received the car on Xmas eve, and then installed the exhaust in January 2017, just after break-in was complete @ 1,200 miles. Drove around with just the exhaust as my only performance mod for about 6 months with no CEL or any other issues before I added a JB1 (JB4) from Burger Tuning. And even with the JB4, no CELs either.

So go for it! Enjoy the sound, performance, and quality of the FI exhaust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No tune needed. Once I found my Iridium Blue 2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD in October 2016, I ordered the 2.5" LDPs & resonated CBE w/14" mufflers from FI almost immediately afterwards. Received the car on Xmas eve, and then installed the exhaust just after break-in was complete @ 1,200 miles. Ran around with just the exhaust for about 6 months with no CEL or any other issues before I added a JB1 (JB4) from Burger Tuning. And even with the JB4, no CELs either.

So go for it! Enjoy the sound, performance, and quality of the FI exhaust.
Alright, cool. That's what I was hoping to hear! I'll probably do a tune eventually but I wasn't sure if I wanted to right away unless I needed to. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I'll probably do a tune eventually but I wasn't sure if I wanted to right away unless I needed to. Thanks for the input.
No worries. I had Seb @ SpecialtyZ road-tune my Q with Ecutek in September 2018, and aside from graduating to 3" FI Catted DPs, I moved-on to handling, braking, and wheel upgrades for the last couple of years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries. I had Seb @ SpecialtyZ road-tune my Q with Ecutek in September 2018, and aside from graduating to 3" FI Catted DPs, I moved-on to handling, braking, and wheel upgrades for the last couple of years.
Yeah I probably won't need to do anything else to the engine for a while if I do tune it. You've done quite a bit to yours! Maybe I'll catch up one day :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Iridium Did you notice a big difference when you went from Lower Downpipe to Full downpipe? Was curious as the price difference is huge.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Iridium Did you notice a big difference when you went from Lower Downpipe to Full downpipe? Was curious as the price difference is huge.
Much more torque down low with the full DPs, which also minimized the turbo lag. I only had a short time driving around with the stock tune and the Full Catted DPs before I was tuned. Since Seb only had a 2WD dyno, I waited to until I made it to an AWD dyno, where my Q put down 437 WHP & 502 WTQ. That was with a stock driveshaft, stock Red Sport wheels, and the stock Dunlop RFTs. I'd likely have better #'s with now having LW wheels & tires + aluminum driveshaft.

The 3" Catted DPs also future-proofs your Q for other "big power" upgrades - Pure Turbos, bigger injectors, HPFP, and LPFP. Add in E85 to the mix, too.

Reactions: Maximus400

·
Registered
16 Posts
Much more torque down low with the full DPs, which also minimized the turbo lag. I only had a short time driving around with the stock tune and the Full Catted DPs before I was tuned. Since Seb only had a 2WD dyno, I waited to until I made it to an AWD dyno, where my Q put down 437 WHP & 502 WTQ. That was with a stock driveshaft, stock Red Sport wheels, and the stock Dunlop RFTs. I'd likely have better #'s with now having LW wheels & tires + aluminum driveshaft.

The 3" Catted DPs also future-proofs your Q for other "big power" upgrades - Pure Turbos, bigger injectors, HPFP, and LPFP. Add in E85 to the mix, too.
Iridium I am SOLD..Haha :). Thanks for your valuable input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts