Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

I have a FI cat-back and lower downpipes coming - is a tune recommended?

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Maximus400 
#1 ·
For a 2019, AWD, non-red sport. I ordered a cat-back exhaust and lower down pipe back in March and they should finally be here in the next few weeks (hopefully!)

I got the non-resonated x-pipe with the 10" sport mufflers as well as the lower down pipe. I mainly got the downpipe for the sound, but is a tune recommended as well to prevent issues? I saw for full downpipes it's recommended so you don't get the CEL. But I really don't need to increase the power a whole lot more (not yet anyways) and would like to prioritise reliability over more power. But if a tune is recommeneded with the DP to prevent issues in the future, then I'll do it when I have it installed (maybe it wouldn't cause issues, I'm relatively new to any sort of car modification...)

Just curious what people's thoughts were. And also, how much are tunes on average? If I did end up doing one, like I said I don't want to max the boost or anything and risk causing problems, it'd probably be somewhat minor.

Thanks for any advice!

#2 ·
No tune needed. Once I found my Iridium Blue 2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD in October 2016, I ordered the 2.5" LDPs & resonated CBE w/14" mufflers from FI almost immediately afterwards. Received the car on Xmas eve, and then installed the exhaust in January 2017, just after break-in was complete @ 1,200 miles. Drove around with just the exhaust as my only performance mod for about 6 months with no CEL or any other issues before I added a JB1 (JB4) from Burger Tuning. And even with the JB4, no CELs either.

So go for it! Enjoy the sound, performance, and quality of the FI exhaust.

#3 ·
No tune needed. Once I found my Iridium Blue 2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD in October 2016, I ordered the 2.5" LDPs & resonated CBE w/14" mufflers from FI almost immediately afterwards. Received the car on Xmas eve, and then installed the exhaust just after break-in was complete @ 1,200 miles. Ran around with just the exhaust for about 6 months with no CEL or any other issues before I added a JB1 (JB4) from Burger Tuning. And even with the JB4, no CELs either.

So go for it! Enjoy the sound, performance, and quality of the FI exhaust.
Alright, cool. That's what I was hoping to hear! I'll probably do a tune eventually but I wasn't sure if I wanted to right away unless I needed to. Thanks for the input

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.