Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I joined your forum to get a lot of great information before I decided to buy 2017 Infiniti Q60. I took delivery of it in Cincinnati, OH, driving from Louisville, KY to get it. I have just realized that I've been sold a car that has been wrecked. I specifically asked if this vehicle had been wrecked and told no buy the salesman because it was a "Certified Pre-Owned" vehicle at a really great price. This purchase happened on May 30th late night. Today, June 1st, I finally got a chance to wash it. I noticed that when the driver side window rolled all the way down, there was a loud clunk. When washing it, I noticed over spray on the door jam. I had not previously noticed this. On further inspection, I noticed along the seal of the door that it had bondo on it where the factory seal would have been. The passenger side is noticeably different. I also then noticed that the hinge that held the door, both top and bottom, also had damage. Clearly, I'm the idiot that didn't see this.

I've called the dealership, and they are going to contact me tomorrow. I feel like they are going to try and screw me over. Does anyone have any advice for me? I'm about to lose my s**t.

Chris

·
Registered
359 Posts
Honestly no one on this forum is going to be able to give you perfect advice here, because this is going into legal territory. You need to talk to a lawyer.

Was the carfax clean when you checked it?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Read all the documents on the sale of the car to see if there's any representation on its condition. You should also contact any consumer agencies in your state to see if a dealer is required to disclose if a vehicle has been in a collision.

Reactions: liquidq60

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I did check the carfax. Nothing showed up. But it was never sold to anyone, it was used as a valet for the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Yes, I did check the carfax. Nothing showed up. But it was never sold to anyone, it was used as a valet for the dealership.
If it was never titled, that's pretty shitty of the dealership not to disclose that it's been damaged and repaired.

Reactions: liquidq60

·
Registered
430 Posts
CHeck yelp and other social media sites and see if this dealership has had many complaints of being untrustworthy. So you have a phone call scheduled but IMO your next step is a face to face with the Dealer's General Manager.

Personally I would shy from a used or demo Q60 Red Sport at this time -- You know it has some hard miles on being put through it paces so early in its life.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sorry to hear that! If you are able to return it, do not buy from that dealership again. Also, I would be weary of any used Q60 this early as I would suspect if it is used this early that it was damaged. Hope things work out.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Also, I would be weary of any used Q60 this early as I would suspect if it is used this early that it was damaged.
I wasn't used, it was never titled. It was a dealer demo.

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's ridiculous sketchy and I would be ridiculously pissed. But yeah, you would have to seek legal aid if they don't comply and work with you on this one. Definitely should have done a thorough inspection on it though. Mistakes happen but lets just hope you aren't stuck with it.

Could you post some photos of what the damages and "fixes" look to be like?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE: Spoke with general manager this morning, he researched and found out that sure enough, someone had backed into that car in their parking lot. It did $1946 worth of damage. And supposedly the entire door was replaced. He offered 2 options. I can completely return the car and get all my money back. For that, I'm a little surprised but I think heads are going to roll based off his reaction to finding out they sold this car without telling me this. Secondly, he offered to do a complete trade for a white Q60 (mine is silver) with all the same option packages on my current vehicle. My only concern is that when I sat in that car upon my original test drive, it smelled like smoke. They told me they will bomb that car and get the smell out of that car. If they can successfully do that, I'm just going to do an even swap. Color isn't that big of a deal, as I think all the colors look great (except maybe that strange blue color).

Also, I've been working with Sid out of the Gwinnett store extensively getting a plethora of parts ready to ship out, such as the NISMO exhaust, Stillen CAI, etc. I paid him yesterday before I noticed all of this. He's been great guys, you should totally use him on any aftermarket things you do. He knows what he's talking about for sure.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll update if anything changes.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
How many miles on the wrecked Q60?
How many miles on the smokey white Q60?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Wrecked has 5600 (now). I've put almost a tank full of miles on it.

The smoked white has 5200.
Wouldn't be surprised if the smokey car was a manager's commuter/demo. If you take cash you're probably going to have to come up with some extra $$$ if you go to another dealer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Reactions: Nemesys and Coahman

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good for them for coming clean (not that they had much choice).
Bad for them for hiding it in the first place. Their real sin here is not disclosing it.

Normally my advice is that getting smoke out is very difficult. If the car only has 5K miles on it, then even if it was driven by a smoker regularly, it should come clean before too long. Their "bomb" is a sweet smelling machine thing that will work a bit.

I'd go look at the other car again and drive it for a bit with the windows up. If you can live with the smell, it sounds like an OK swap (I'd expect them to cover a few oil changes / services (you get one free anyway if its a CPO).

·
Registered
38 Posts
At this point I think you should just get your money back and choose a different dealership. Those 5k miles on the white Q60 could have been driven very hard, maybe dishing out a few extra bucks to get a brand new one will give you a better piece of mind.

·
Registered
327 Posts
At least he was stand up enough to give you those options but just knowing that the dealership was that sneaky to have done that in the beginning, I wouldn't take a chance with it.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts