Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I wanted to know what is the ideal rim size if I wanted to get new ones for the winter.

Currently, I have steel rims 245/50/18.

I have heard that I need to make sure the rim size is compatible with the brakes, so I'm not sure if these are good enough or I may want to decrease

Ideally, for the snow weather, I'd want to get smaller/narrower rims for better grip.

Also one side question, I'm debating between Nokian R3 and WS90 tires for the winter, would someone prefer one on the other?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,029 Posts
I assume you have AWD. I'd use entire wheels, instead of just the rims, in OEM size as that is what's designed for the car. IMO the tires are much more important than the wheels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you have AWD. I'd use entire wheels, instead of just the rims, in OEM size as that is what's designed for the car. IMO the tires are much more important than the wheels.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I meant wheels, but for the snow, it's always better to get new wheels and smaller than the 19s for the snow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Running 18" x 8" ET 40 wheels , 225/50/18 tires on my wife's Q60. The exact same spec offered by the dealer but less expensive when I built it myself. Wheel offset is a little conservative - could likely have gone ET 35 but hey they're winter wheels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Running 18" x 8" ET 40 wheels , 225/50/18 tires on my wife's Q60. The exact same spec offered by the dealer but less expensive when I built it myself. Wheel offset is a little conservative - could likely have gone ET 35 but hey they're winter wheels.

View attachment 23667

View attachment 23668
Glad your replied, I come from Canada too Nice wheels too, may get those. What tires are your running? I can't see the brand and what is your experience in driving in snow?

I have currently X-Ice 3 on 245/50/18 wheels and I had terrible experience in snow driving. The car swings and slips when breaking. That's why I'm considering narrowing more the wheels and get WS90 tires or Nokian R3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tires are Toyo Observe GSi-6 HP. We got the Q60 in July so no snow experience yet. I have Pirelli SottoZero 3 on my G70 (225/45/18) and the car is a tank in the snow, so I expect similar good experiences with the Q60.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts