Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Illuminated kick plates, MSRP is $300 and can be found online for $240, infiniti part #T99G65CH00. Has anybody installed them by themselves (I know the installation instructions are avail online)? Or if the dealer installed them, what did you pay for it? Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is going to be a negative answer, and I will apologize in advance if this answer is annoying, but I do not understand why one would want to add on the illuminated kick plate. They serve no purpose other than advertisement for Infiniti cars. In fact, I personally think if one orders this option, you should receive royalties, because you are doing their advertising for them. If you do order these kick plates you will probably have to order an accessory cable to tie them into the interior illumination system. I had to do this when I had the ambient light option installed on a QX60. I have had several Infiniti loaner cars with the illuminated kick plates and have found that the Infiniti Radiant Interior Ambient Lighting option infinitly (no pun intended) more useful than the kick plates. The illuminated ambient lighting should be standard in my opinion.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is going to be a negative answer, and I will apologize in advance if this answer is annoying, but I do not understand why one would want to add on the illuminated kick plate. They serve no purpose other than advertisement for Infiniti cars. In fact, I personally think if one orders this option, you should receive royalties, because you are doing their advertising for them. If you do order these kick plates you will probably have to order an accessory cable to tie them into the interior illumination system. I had to do this when I had the ambient light option installed on a QX60. I have had several Infiniti loaner cars with the illuminated kick plates and have found that the Infiniti Radiant Interior Ambient Lighting option infinitly (no pun intended) more useful than the kick plates. The illuminated ambient lighting should be standard in my opinion.
Well, I had them on my previous Q60 so I kind of like them. In addition, I want to get the exterior welcome lighting. I feel the interior on the red sport will have enough lights; the "8" light in the cup holder, the light above door carbon fiber trim, and the foot well lights when door opens... So I have crossed the interior ambient lighting off my list!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'd be interested to see the final product once you've installed the kick plates. Labor rates can vary so what one person paid for installation may not be the same for you. there's always the option to go to a trusted garage.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Do you take off all of your emblems badges from your care and put a piece of tape over any visible "infiniti" logos elsewhere...? Those emblems and badges are all advertisement for Infiniti in that case as well.

Or do you keep them on and are currently receiving royalties?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
They serve no purpose other than advertisement for Infiniti cars. In fact, I personally think if one orders this option, you should receive royalties, because you are doing their advertising for them.
It's pretty poor advertising as they can't be seen when the doors are closed.

:laugh:

·
Registered
500 Posts
The biggest disappointment will be seeing this come standard in a 2018 model q60. This time around infinti seems more open to frequent changes than they have in the past, so we can take that as one small indication

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Was I the only one that thought they looked kinda cheap? Just sayin'

I went into setting up my order with my mind open to them and then just decided against it after looking at them. I certainly don't regret that decision now but I was curious if everyone thinks they are value add and if I'm simply in the minority.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

I went into setting up my order with my mind open to them and then just decided against it after looking at them. I certainly don't regret that decision now but I was curious if everyone thinks they are value add and if I'm simply in the minority.
I bought my car off the floor and it was the car I liked. I wouldn't have ordered them but I like them. Wish they read "Red Sport" instead of "INFINITI".

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

They have no function, other than looking cool. Kind of like the illuminated infiniti emblem option, which I won't be getting because of the Driver Assistance package. I'm currently fishing for dealer quotes, however zero email bites yet.

Lol @ Bevo's comment.

·
Registered
231 Posts
lmao.... I actually think they look really nice... I didn't really notice how small they were though until you mentioned haha... they could have been a bit bigger.

Reactions: Coahman and Q60bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a 18 red sport and these didn’t come with them. Wish they were as big like my 13 G37, I loved opening the door at night and see those lettering.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts