Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leasing the Q60 3.0t luxe Awd in black for $380/month and $4000 down plus first months payment and taxes/dmv fees. This is the lowest the NY Infiniti dealer would give. Is this a good deal for me? I can wait I just want a really good deal on this car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ahhhh Leasing. One of the reasons most people lease is to get the car they want for what they can afford. I've been leasing all types of cars including Infiniti for many years and cardinal rule number 1 is no money down. Cardinal rule 2 is to comparative shop. Talk to many dealers and see what they offer on the car you want, remember, you will have the car for at least 3 years. In the NY Tri-state area, competition is fierce You may be able to do better than you think. Always be prepared to walk out if the deal doesn't make sense, or if they try to put you into a car you do not really want.

That $4,000 they want down is about $120 per month payment reduction. So is the car worth the $500/month they want? What kind of discount off of the sticker are they giving you? Many dealers may be giving good deals to get rid of inventory, so a good discount may be as high as 10% off the sticker price.

What is the money factor (basically the interest rate, the lower the better)? What is the residual percentage, that means if the car has a residual of 56% that means the value at the end of the lease is 56% of the sticker price less any discounts that means you are paying 44% of the negotiated price. (negotiated car price $45,000 *.56=$25,200, so over the lease term you are paying $19,800)

How is your credit? That plays a big part as well.

Much of this information is available on line, do your research. You may get a better deal from a distant dealer than one close to where you live.

That's all I've got, good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm leasing the Q60 3.0t luxe Awd in black for $380/month and $4000 down plus first months payment and taxes/dmv fees. This is the lowest the NY Infiniti dealer would give. Is this a good deal for me? I can wait I just want a really good deal on this car.
I bought my 2017 Q60 with 12k miles for 25k. My payment is 485. It also came with a 7 year full warranty (which I bought 2 extra years)
IF I were you i would look used.

·
Registered
447 Posts
just wait closer to end of the yr and you can get a good deal when the 2019s are coming in or go out of state. I had to go to california for my redsport. i got 20% off msrp on my redsport in california. Best i got in ABQ was 10% and colorado was 13%.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Get multiple dealers in on the bidding for your business. I have found that the further a dealer is away from you, the better the price. In the end you can rationalize distance / dealer friendliness / support / reputation, to a winning price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I concur on waiting for end of year. You can also try to go my route. Found a dealer that had a brand new 2017 3.0 premium with 400 miles that they sat on for 2 years. 30% off MSRP!

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can get a better deal, be patient.

·
Registered
7 Posts
for reference, i got my 2017 2.0 Premium (2018 version of Luxe) with AWD and the Premium Plus (Sensory Package). so my MSRP was $47,200 --- i leased it for 39 months at $469 a month. my out of pocket payment was around $1300 (including month 1) -- so over 39 months, i pay a shade under $19K .. thats about 40% of the MSRP .. my personal rule of thumb is if you can be at around 30-40% of the MSRP over 3 years ish, you scored a nice deal.

oh and im in NY too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts