Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One feature that's got me really interested is the Infiniti heads up display. I feel this technology is actually very practical and useful to drivers. I assume the information displayed would be speed and possibly a navigation system. What do you guys think will be on the HUD?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not going to happen for a while since the G37 successor is pretty much in the middle. If anything the Q70 which will be the M class replacement. I give it a couple years before it happens though. If rival vehicles in the same class start to implement it that is when Infiniti will start to use it in the Q50/60.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can't say it won't happen, The way I see it is that some features will eventually fall through from the M37/45/56. The hud system will be one of them another feature would be nice to have is ventilated seats.

For the hud system on the Q60 I would like to see a digital bar for revolutions, speed display and navigation arrow. Not too much though just a little small area is fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Heads up display sounds like a pretty good idea. I worry it might be distracting though, since it is located right on the windshield.

How does it work? Projector?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Heads up display sounds like a pretty good idea. I worry it might be distracting though, since it is located right on the windshield.

it displays basic information you need to know like speed, rpm, fuel, etc. it's not one bit distracting

here's an example of one of the many HUD systems.

·
Registered
25 Posts

It would be rather helpful then distracting in my opinion. It just a little area that the hud system would take up on the windshield. Like a 5"x6" area really. You don't need much.

·
Registered
164 Posts
From what I understand is that the hud system is a projection from a small unit on the dash. Cadillac had something similar in their DTS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
it displays basic information you need to know like speed, rpm, fuel, etc. it's not one bit distracting

I like this setup only the important units are displayed. Adding in a fuel gauge would be nice too. But this won't take place on the Q50/60 for a while.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It wouldn't be too distracting because it has a lighter opacity so it is still transparent for you to still see the road conditions in that area used.

·
Registered
75 Posts

That HUD is very simple. If that is all it is showcasing, why even bother having it since the same info is just a few inches lower on the dashboard?

I would expect more unique info to be displayed. Not necessarily on the Q60, but it would be cool to have information like wheel balance or g-forces instead.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That HUD is very simple. If that is all it is showcasing, why even bother having it since the same info is just a few inches lower on the dashboard?

I would expect more unique info to be displayed. Not necessarily on the Q60, but it would be cool to have information like wheel balance or g-forces instead.
It's to keep your eyes where they need to be, on the road. It can be seen as being useless but it's just another thing that makes a modern day luxury/sport car a premium luxury/sport car. Asking for info like wheel balance and g-forces is probably asking for too much but if they give the option to display what data you want when you want would be helpful. As not everyone will want to see the same thing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

That would be a pretty cool idea, if even for a performance model (IPL maybe?) but I don't see how the car would be able to calculate something like that on the fly. It would take an advanced computer chip and gyro metric sensors attached to the car for that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That would be a pretty cool idea, if even for a performance model (IPL maybe?) but I don't see how the car would be able to calculate something like that on the fly. It would take an advanced computer chip and gyro metric sensors attached to the car for that.
I'm sure it could be done. That's what engineers are for. It's much better than adding information that's already easily accessible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pretty good idea for the IPL models most likely for the Q60. Perfect for those who would take the Q60 to occasional track or lap days.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good call! But first we just have to see what the IPL model includes like what features are included and different from the base Q60. Handling improvements like the suspension and sway bars and different brake set up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good call! But first we just have to see what the IPL model includes like what features are included and different from the base Q60. Handling improvements like the suspension and sway bars and different brake set up.
some of those things might just be taken over from the 370Z. Does the 370Z and Q60 share the same platform or will the new 370Z share the Q60 platform?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts