Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti has hired Mr. Simon Cox as its new design head for its London Studio. Cox has worked on the Isuzu Vehicross, as well as the Cadillac Cien and the Opel Speedster.

I wonder what his first project at Infiniti will be??????

·
Registered
164 Posts
My guess that it's just a design studio. I would love to see what kind of infiniti project he would come up with.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here are some pictures of Mr. Cox's previous work. Maybe this will give us some insight as to what he will come up with for Infiniti.

Isuzu Vehicross

Cadillac Cien

Opel Speedster

Not sure if these are the exact model year that Cox worked on, but from these shots you can see that he has a slightly eccentric design aesthetic. I wonder how his skills will translate into an Infiniti vehicle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The looks of these projectors earlier on from him are really out there. Not sure if the isuzu works for everyone. The cien is nice as an exotic and the speedster is a popular choice in the east. It'll be fun to see what he comes up with for infiniti.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the design pics that Tsunamarama posted we can see that Cox certainly has a creative flare. His designs are pushing boundaries, and are outside of the box. I find a lot of the Infiniti vehicles look very similar, so I will be interested to see what he comes up with while at Infiniti.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think that the Izusu is pretty ugly, but the other two are nice looking cars. Infiniti doesn't make supercars/sportscars like the Cien and Speedster though. It would be nice to see Infiniti take a risk with one of their upcoming designs instead of making another one of the same vehicle just in a different size. I doubt that will happen though.

You have to wonder why Infiniti would bring in a new design person if it didn't want some new ideas though.

As usual, we will all have to wait and see.

·
Registered
364 Posts
sometimes I read this title and I think it sais Infiniti hires Simon Cowl as Design Director.

Now imagine that. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
i was never impressed with Isuzu's design, since they made affordable vehicles, some people just lived with the horrible looks. this might not be a good thing for Infiniti.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the designs are pretty out there, Not sure if they will eve catch on to the mainstream consumers. I am sure there are some people that might enjoy the looks but realistically it wouldn't sell. I hope he designs the generation after the next.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I mainly want to know what vehicles he will be working on. Since he is just starting it will likely be a while before we see any cars that he has had a hand in designing. Unless he joins in on a project that is already underway.

I wonder if auto news sites will keep up with the story and let us know what he will be working on. Or will Infiniti keep that a secret?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I mainly want to know what vehicles he will be working on. Since he is just starting it will likely be a while before we see any cars that he has had a hand in designing. Unless he joins in on a project that is already underway.

I wonder if auto news sites will keep up with the story and let us know what he will be working on. Or will Infiniti keep that a secret?
I just hope he doesn't end up making and drastic changes in the infinti look for the Q60.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just hope he doesn't end up making and drastic changes in the infinti look for the Q60.
I don't think Infiniti is looking to completely change the look of their vehicles. So whatever Cox is responsible will have to be within the limits of Infiniti's current design language. It's hard to speculate till I know which vehicle he will be working on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After seeing the Q30 concept, I can see how Cox's previous work would prepare hm to design for Infiniti. Infiniti seems to be taking some more risks with its designs now and from Cox's previous work I think that you could say the same about him.

·
Registered
500 Posts
the risks they're taking is doing them well so far, the Q30 was impressive no matter where you looked.

at least the risk they took paid off well unlike jeep and their new split headlight setup which looks worse than the split setup on the new Lexus IS.

·
Registered
76 Posts
infiniti is on a steady stream of success right now there hasn't been anything bad said about their designs and new fresh look. The only thing right now that is bad is we don't have anything for the Q60! Need more info!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts