Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does the Infiniti Intelligent Key sound unsafe?

With your Intelligent Key in your pocket or purse, simply press the button on the door handle to unlock the doors and all your comfort, convenience, performance and entertainment adjust to your pre-set personal preferences. You can even start the engine without ever having to take it out.
Sounds like anyone can get into your car if you're close enough for them to get to it first and start the car.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The only difference between this and regular keyless entry is that your in car settings are saved to your key. That's it. Proximity is still the same as your regular keyless entry.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That's how most if not all these systems work, there's probably an option to turn it off but it's quite rare to see someone concerned about people getting in to their car. Where do you live?

·
Registered
591 Posts
They don't need you to be withing range anymore. Thieves have things that amplifies the car's signal and fool it into thinking the key is closer than it is. The intelligent key does not make your car more susceptible to theft than any other. Just get one of those wallets that are supposed to protect your credit card chips and put your keys in there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Even that won't do anything to make it less prone to getting it stolen. Do recommend for wallets though, just not keys lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Speaking of the "intelligent" key... I sure do hope they've changed the design for the 17 Q60... because the current Nissan and Infiniti keyfob has been around for quite awhile.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I doubt they'll change the key fob shape into a car shape for the new Q60. It'll probably look exactly the same as the last generation key. Personally don't really care what shape it is as long as it's small and not cumbersome.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't know, I like when the key fob looks interesting. I hate boring key fobs. But small is definitely better, doesn't take up too much space in the pocket

1 - 9 of 9 Posts